A case of PD-1 targeting drugs + radiation

how not to interfere, potentially improve, manage toxicity without blocking the effect of the drug etc
Jorge

A case of PD-1 targeting drugs + radiation

Post by Jorge »

A case of PD-1 targeting drugs + radiation of A Chinese patient. Here is the info of this case:
before PD-1: lung 6cm, Liver 5+cm, pancreas 6cm
Best response: Lung 0.7cm, Liver 1cm.
Developed resistance to PD-1, Oct ~Dec 2017: lung 20% increase. pancreas 5cm (intensity modulated radiation therapy, 45gy/25days)
Mar 2018: Lung 1.7cm, Liver 5.2, pancreas 1.5cm
Now: Lung 3.4cm, Liver 6.4, pancreas clear.

The interesting thing of this patient is, he had intensity modulated radiation therapy to the pancreas met after he developed resistance to PD-1. the radiation didn't cause abscopal immuno response, but the treated met response very well and disappear.
I think we should add this to the immuno treatment--even if someone seem doesn't response to immunotherapy, radiation can work better on the treated met. In this case, all the big mets can be treated to reduce the tumors.
D.ap

Re: A case of PD-1 targeting drugs + radiation

Post by D.ap »

Lynette
This is truly amazing !
I agree certainly in reducing tumor load .
The above patient had abdominal tumors ( and the lung) the size of Joshua’s primary almost , huh..

So how long were they off Keytruda , when the IMRT was performed ?

They were on Keytruda 3 months or ? ,and saw 20% increase? Resistance developement of psncrease tumor? Then discontinued?
I sure wish the best for this patient .
Debbie
D.ap

Re: A case of PD-1 targeting drugs + radiation

Post by D.ap »

Also Lynette
Don’t want to hog your post (LOL) but what are this persons next plans for a Med ?

This ici wasn’t their first line of a Med , right ?

Is it possible to take Keytruda( or another ICI) again , after elimination of the rather large pancreas tumor and adding IMRT( and or another modulation type radiation therapy ) while on Keytruda to see if the abscopal effect could be produced ?
Debbie

Return to “Toxicity, problems and potentiation strategies”