Why the Opdivo approval is a big deal

D.ap

Why the Opdivo approval is a big deal

Post by D.ap »

I'd like to post this here as the article poses a lot of good questions/ possible ideas , to immune therapy/ check point inhibitors and it's uses and successes.

Olga please let me know if maybe it could be discussed else where
March 15, 2015

http://www.lungcanceralliance.org/blog/ ... -big-deal/
Last edited by D.ap on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
D.ap

Re: Why the Opdivo approval is a big deal

Post by D.ap »

The blog states

"For a researcher like me, now there are tons of fascinating questions that could lead to big breakthroughs in patient care. How do other types of lung cancer respond to immunotherapy? What if you don’t have chemotherapy first? Why do only that small percentage of patients respond to the immunotherapies? If we knew who to treat, it would save money and improve quality of life and we know that these drugs could have long-term effects in the treated patients. How can you best combine immunotherapies with each other and with other cancer treatments? Combinations of PD-1 and CTLA-4 inhibitors are showing promise already in melanoma trials. Researchers are looking at the combination of these drugs with targeted therapies as well. And what about other types of immunotherapy? Could they be just as or more effective for patients with lung cancer?"
Debbie

Return to “Opdivo”