Nhi on Keytruda

ntran727

Nhi on Keytruda

Post by ntran727 »

Hello,

I wanted to start a thread about my experience on Keytruda here.
I received my 2nd infusion today. Last infusion was exactly 3 weeks ago.
So far, I have not had any side effects besides feeling fatigued for about 2 days after approximately 5 days after the first infusion along with stomach cramps and a little bit of diarrhea. It resolved since then and I haven't had any issues.
I am able to keep up my diet, maintain my weight (give or take a few lbs), and exercise regularly without being in pain like I was with the sutent.
If the side effects are this minimal, I would much rather be on Keytruda than Sutent because even at the lowest dose, the side effects were much more prominent and noticeable. I will post again if I have any further side effects, otherwise, next scans will be after the 3rd infusion.

Also, my pre-treatment neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio (NLR) was 1.01 on March 21st and today it went up a bit to 2.24. Olga, you mentioned something about better response with a NLR <4.1? Would you be able to link that article here or was it just mentioned by Dr. Breelyn Wilky?
Olga
Admin

Re: Nhi on Keytruda

Post by Olga »

There are numerous articles on the PubMed on this subject if searched by the neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio immune checkpoint inhibitors, it is a popular subject, look at this article and read the links on the right
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29503570
as I understand, the baseline NLR is the most important number, you had it very good. What has changed now - the L went town or N went up?
Olga
ntran727

Post by ntran727 »

Olga,
Thank you for the info. I did come across a lot of articles about that when I searched online as well, but was wondering if there was a specific one that you had noted. Either way, I looked back at most of my labs from the past few years and it looks like my NLR ranges anywhere between 1-2, never higher. The neutrophils went up this time so my ratio from yesterday's lab was 2.24 as I wrote in the first post.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Nhi
Wishing the best with the treatment .: )
Here’s Dr. Wilky and associates , ASCO report specific to ASPS.

https://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopi ... 609#p12262
Debbie

Return to “Keytruda”