Acrued resistance with the double speed progression

Trials for Anti-PD-1 or anti-PD-L1 antibodies with participating ASPS patients
Olga
Admin

Acrued resistance with the double speed progression

Post by Olga »

Accrued resistance with the double speed progression (they call it Hyperprogressive) was found in 9% of the patients on clinical trials for different Anti-PD-1/PD-L1 drugs by the doctors from Gustave Roussy, France. They studied 218 patients treated on Phase 1 trials. They found the risk factor to be the older (65+) age of the patient, i probably has something to do with the plasticity of the immune system although they say that the reason is not known at this time but they are working on this subject.

Hyperprogressive Disease Is a New Pattern of Progression in Cancer Patients Treated by Anti-PD-1/PD-L1.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27827313

The article could be avail. in free full text trough the patient's access, please go trough the registration to try to get it. The data alone about what drugs were tested and what were the responses worth doing it.
Olga
D.ap

Re: Acrued resistance with the double speed progression

Post by D.ap »

Olga

Thanks for the read
Looks like at this juncture the HPD, hyperprogredsive disorder,is being noticed in older patients ? >65 years ?
I consider Josh to be in the older clan group as he was right on the cusps of not being statistically diagnosed ,at the age of 30.

I wonder if it is an immunodeficiency as a result of older age and or prior chemo that helps to determine es
the few that are reported to of had these episodes of progression ?

I too wonder if these folks at Gustave Roussy ,didn't believe in pseudo progression and or with the focus being on overall survival stats , stopped thinking it was psedoprogression ?
I did not buy into and or sign up to read the article in its entirety .
Debbie
arojussi

Re: Acrued resistance with the double speed progression

Post by arojussi »

Thanks for sharing. Maybe I can use this information as a reason why I need to have all my brain tumors treated with srs before my tumors become resistant to immunotherapy.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18511842

Also I found this and I just share it now before I forgot. If I understood it correctly they are working with way to tell if immunotherapy is working based on pet scan using some kind of probe.

Return to “Immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI)”