PD1-positivity and PD-L1 expression

D.ap

Re: PD1-positivity and PD-L1 expression

Post by D.ap »

It's with great sadness that I report to you all the passing of Rachel Reinsvold yesterday.
She was a friend to all and will be missed by the ASPS community greatly.
Debbie
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

OMG, she was responding so well to this drugs on the trial (NCT02301130), it is such an unexpected and sad news...Debbie, do you know if her health dangerously declined from side effects with the trial drugs or there was a sudden and speedy progression of the ASPS tumors?
Rachel was on a Mogamulizumab + MEDI4736 (Durvalumab) arm of this trial at the MDACC, right? MEDI4736 (Durvalumab) is an PD-L1 inhibitor.
Olga
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

I am so deeply saddened to hear about the tragic loss of another precious Life to this damn insidious disease. Rachel's initial successful response to her PD-L1 treatment was a source of great Hope for this promising new treatment, and now we are left with only deepest sorrow and the very important questions which Olga has presented.
With a heavy heart filled with deepest sorrow for dear Rachel's devastating loss, as I try to hold on to continued Hope that someday soon a permanent treatment and cure WILL be found so that no more Lives will be lost to this very challenging, cruel, and unpredictable disease,
Bonni
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Olga and Bonni
I know Rachel developed brain tumors last year and the clinical trial allowed for a years dose of the med she was on, and that ended .

I'm hoping David , Rachel's husband can possibly update at some point , about her failing health happenings .
It sure is a sad situation as we see great initial results and then suddenly health goes south .
I can only imagine how the patient must feel as well. :|
Debbie

Return to “Immune checkpoint inhibitors ICI (PD-1 and PD-L1 targeting drugs)”