pro-angiogenesis

Treatment of lung metastases.
Amanda

pro-angiogenesis

Post by Amanda »

Greetings,
Can pro-angiogenesis after a cold cryosurgery create more cancer in the lung?
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Re: pro-angiogenesis

Post by D.ap »

Hey there

Looks like there is always a possibility when the tissue being treated is capable of producing scare tissue with blood vessels.
Maybe Olga can answer the question better
http://www.wjgnet.com/1007-9327/10/463. ... ion_detail

Love
Debbie
Debbie
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi Deb :)
Thank you, it made my eyes hurt an i wonder who any doctor can read thru this stuff, lol

I have no idea if this spreads cancer still lol my eyes hurt hehe
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Amanda wrote:Hi Deb :)
Thank you, it made my eyes hurt an i wonder who any doctor can read thru this stuff, lol

I have no idea if this spreads cancer still lol my eyes hurt hehe
Hi Amanda

It should humble us to a certain degree to know we can't know it all :)
I believe, but I am far from an expert, that the makeup of the tumor and the tissue around it determines whether cancer "spreads" or becomes more cancer.
It's a chance that we take in getting rid of the tumors. Just like when we do radiation etc..there are risks to them all
Last edited by D.ap on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

The danger is not in creating more mets but rather in waking up the tiny dormant mets in the vicinity of the treated met during the process of healing after the cryoablation is done - most treatments elevate angiogenesis as this is the condition of healing. We did not observe any sign of the speed up of the small mets located close to the cryo treated met, but it might be different for other patients.
Amanda, it is now called a cryoablation instead of cryosurgery , I haven't heard this for awhile now.
Olga
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hello Olga :)
*cryoablation* Noted :)

I was wondering does it always take Dr L over a week to respond to the disks? I spoke with my Onc an no word from him at all :/
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

He is Very busy because he is the best. It is often more than a week. Do you know if they received the disks? You should communicate with Barb his assistant directly. Ask her if the scan is reviewed.
Olga
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Dear Olga,
Thank you, with all my heart for posting to me on your trip.<3
I left a msg for barbra today an i may have left it to late because of the time difference they may have gone home it was 4:00 there...
Yes, my concern also is he didn't receive an that it seems Dr Suh also did not receive this information :(

I will wait till a decent time tomorrow and call again. If it turns out they do not have it then i will call my Onc assistant she is awesome and get the disks an biopsy an stuff into an i will pay myself to certified send them overnight to Barbara...

Tell Ivan hello an tell him that all he has posted about his treatments to Dr L are helping me thru this and thank you <3
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Lung Metastases”