local anesthetics may provide beneficial antimetastatic ...

Treatment of lung metastases.
Amanda

local anesthetics may provide beneficial antimetastatic ...

Post by Amanda »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22846676

Antimetastatic potential of amide-linked local anesthetics: inhibition of lung adenocarcinoma cell migration and inflammatory Src signaling independent of sodium channel blockade.
Piegeler T1, Votta-Velis EG, Liu G, Place AT, Schwartz DE, Beck-Schimmer B, Minshall RD, Borgeat A.
Author information
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Retrospective analysis of patients undergoing cancer surgery suggests the use of regional anesthesia may reduce cancer recurrence and improve survival. Amide-linked local anesthetics have antiinflammatory properties, although the mechanism of action in this regard is unclear. As inflammatory processes involving Src tyrosine protein kinase and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 are important in tumor growth and metastasis, we hypothesized that amide-linked local anesthetics may inhibit inflammatory Src-signaling involved in migration of adenocarcinoma cells.
METHODS:
NCI-H838 lung cancer cells were incubated with tumor necrosis factor-α in absence/presence of ropivacaine, lidocaine, or chloroprocaine (1 nM-100 μM). Cell migration and total cell lysate Src-activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 phosphorylation were assessed. The role of voltage-gated sodium-channels in the mechanism of local anesthetic effects was also evaluated.
RESULTS:
Ropivacaine treatment (100 μM) of H838 cells for 20 min decreased basal Src activity by 62% (P=0.003), and both ropivacaine and lidocaine coadministered with tumor necrosis factor-α statistically significantly decreased Src-activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 phosphorylation, whereas chloroprocaine had no such effect. Migration of these cells at 4 h was inhibited by 26% (P=0.005) in presence of 1 μM ropivacaine and 21% by 1 μM lidocaine (P=0.004). These effects of ropivacaine and lidocaine were independent of voltage-gated sodium-channel inhibition.
CONCLUSIONS:
This study indicates that amide-, but not ester-linked, local anesthetics may provide beneficial antimetastatic effects. The observed inhibition of NCI-H838 cell migration by lidocaine and ropivacaine was associated with the inhibition of tumor necrosis factor-α-induced Src-activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 phosphorylation, providing the first evidence of a molecular mechanism that appears to be independent of their known role as sodium-channel blockers.
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Re: local anesthetics may provide beneficial antimetastatic

Post by D.ap »

Amanda

How cool is that to know a possible method to disrupt the metastisis.
If you don't mind I found an article on cells signaling and or functions.It explains within the article , why on a cellar basis the process goes wrong= cancer
The article as stated touches on some of the major players as far as cells go. Receptors etc.
Which if not for cells the anesthesia couldn't work period.

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultran ... aling.html

Also an in depth article on anesthesia

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1693664/

Have a beautiful day.

Love
Debbie
Debbie
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi :)
I was looking at this and then started to read a little more on other things like the use or NORCO... an i found out thru two places that NORCO may not be good for stage four cancer patients it may make it spread faster :/
I am looking at it a little more and will when i get back from camping. But, it is the opiate an receptors in cancer.. Seems cancer cells have more receptors than normal cells an it in the research i was looking at it points to a higher rate of spread in stage 4 patients!

I know its not the new england journal.. but this scarred me to be honest it does mage logical sence http://www.uchospitals.edu/news/2012/20 ... pioid.html
I have lung mets and i use NORCO an it started to grow around the time when i started to use NORCO...
It maybe a fluke *shrugs*

I need to not use it now anyhow and i hate it to be honest so i will look at CBN's thru a doctor in los angeles.
If anyone knows of a naturopath in Ca Los Angeles or west sime please let me know :)
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hi Amanda

Didn't pickup what CBN's were ?
What is your goal with an ND?
Just got back from trip myself and wanted to touch base.
I've forwarded the link to a close friend and you might want to do so with your Onc as well.

Good to hear from you
Safe camping and have fun!
Love
Debbie
Debbie
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hey Amanda

I hope you had a great time camping.
I love camping and fishing. It soothes the soul doesn't it ?
I got a response from my person on what she thought about the article on lung cancer possibly being exasperated by opioids during the anesthesia phase of surgery ?
Her response is as follows -

Hi Deb
Sorry I just now saw this. The thing you always want to remember is Josh isn't dealing with lung cancer - he's dealing with sarcoma in his lungs. The article was focused on mu receptors and lung cancer. I didnt read the whole article but I wouldnt be too concerned Bout this.

Have a beautiful day , Amanda .

Love
Debbie
Debbie
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hi and thank you! :)
I was concerned in reference to NORCO use i use it as a pain killer since i am a patchwork doll now...

I was told and can't remember where that the mets in the lungs hated the anesthesia and it can hurt or slow the mets.. i wish i could remember who told me that lol Anyhow, thank you so much for reaching out an getting that reply and posting it to me <3
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Lung Metastases”