Two surgeries upcoming...

Treatment of lung metastases.
Amanda

Two surgeries upcoming...

Post by Amanda »

Hello :)
I was wondering how much time in between two thoracotomies of should be taken? I am going to have one done on each lung soon removing 5 to 6 mm nodules and one 1CM on each lung. All in toll 13 i think... How much time in between should it be? An how many of these surgeries can be done in a life time?
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Olga
Admin

Re: Two surgeries upcoming...

Post by Olga »

If you are going to have an open lung surgery, you would need to have 3-4 month between the surgeries for the first lung to be able to recover and to support the whole breathing during the second surgery. If they will be doing VATS, it might be less.
It is hard to say re. life time limit for the lung surgeries, I read an article about the girl with osteosarcoma lung mets that had 11 surgeries in a course of 10 years and she was doing fine like 20 years after.
Olga
Amanda

Re: Two surgeries upcoming...

Post by Amanda »

Olga thank you sooo much!!!! :)
My surgeon has not called me back and i have been frightened about this question an no replies from him...
Ok then i will have the first one sooner in June when my son is out of school an then the second at maybe five months in November *This is all if they still stay basically stable creeping in growth*
I have the one that said is now 1.2 cm there about and i want that side done first!
The only experience i have had they removed a portion of my chest wall an four inches or my 8th rib along with taking a few nodules some not ASPS..
So i am frightened and i am worried it will be as painful! I am still at about four years not recovered from it.

I am thankful i came here and learned from you and Bonnie and Fern an our researcher *everyone* how to deal with this an acted fast!
I hope others listen to this forum because it if was not for the advice here and the questions and research an conversations with support i would have made some very bad choices and would have done things that were recommended by my loving Oncs that was not beneficial and just protocol...
They in many ways do not know ASPS an I dont blame them there are so many sarcomas an this is so rare! You need to know this enemy and you need to be at war with it and putting your hands up and NOT acting and learning can be harmful!

Thank you Olga and everyone for helping to extend my life! xox
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Lung Metastases”