Charity - lung mets, scan results etc.

Treatment of lung metastases.
Charity

Charity - lung mets, scan results etc.

Post by Charity »

My recent scan of my thorax reported that there is an indication of possible progressing lymph nodes. Last reported they indicated 4 new lung mets since my surgery last year.The largest is 1.6cm. This CT was done without contrast. Do any of you ever have your lung scans without contrast?
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Ivan always get lungs CT without contrast, but may be this is a Canadian practice?
david

Post by david »

Usually you need contrast for liver mets, I usually don't use contrast for chest scans. The contrast can cause problems, I had acute renal failure after using it which cleared up a few days later. If you are dehydrated, then you will more likely have problems with contrast.

David
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Charity,
I am so sorry to hear about your new lung mets. Does the possible lymph node progression you mentioned mean that you also have mets in your lymph nodes in addition to the lung mets? Brittany always receives IV contrast for her chest CT's. It is extremely important to drink plenty of water when you are given contrast because of the danger of kidney damage from the contrast itself. Unfortunately, this very important information is not always provided to the patient by the radiologist technicians, and we first learned about it from the oncology nurses who Brittany worked with who were concerned about the frequent contrast CT's which she receives. As with everything else with this very challenging journey, important information is sometimes not given or made available to us, and we need to be very proactive in aggressively researching as well as networking and communicating with other ASPS Community members as you have done, and continue to do, so well.
With special caring thoughts and continued Hope,
Bonni Hess
Charity

CT with contrast

Post by Charity »

I was not aware contrast was bad for the kidneys. I have been having my CT's with contrast for the first 3 years so I always expected it. Now I know why they haven't been adding contrast to the most recent scans. I am not sure what is going on the the lymph nodes. My oncologist never even mentioned them during my last appointment. It was after I asked for a copy of my CT report I read about it.
Charity

Latest Lung CT with contrast

Post by Charity »

My lung mets have increased in size but not number. There is a focus involving the anterior vertebral body of T8 on the left side.This was also confirmed with a whole body bone scan.
Olga
Admin

size?

Post by Olga »

What number of the mets they see and what size they are now, what was the growth since the resection in Germany a year ago?
Charity

lung Mets

Post by Charity »

When I came back from Germany I had 3. Now the CT says I have
numerous withe the largest 1.9cmx1.6cm compared to 1.3cmx1.6cm from the last scan.

By the way Olga, I just came back from Vancouver and Whistler. Its so beautiful.

Return to “Lung Metastases”