Is it OK to run?

Treatment of lung metastases.
Couchpotato1999

Is it OK to run?

Post by Couchpotato1999 »

Hello, I'm a fellow ASPS patient w/ lung metastasis.

I have a 18 mm nodule, a 15 mm nodule, 8 smaller nodules under 10mm, and ~50 micro-nodules in the lungs.

I'm pretty much asymptomatic, so I can probably still run a mile non-stop. I use to run as a part of my workout routine, but I've stopped running since my diagnosis, because I'm not sure if it would be helping or hurting my overall condition.

Currently on Pembrolizumab, might add a TKI soon.

Does anyone know if it's beneficial for people with lung metastasis to run as a part of their workout?

Thanks.
Ivan
Admin

Re: Is it OK to run?

Post by Ivan »

Absolutely. I had hundreds of metastases at some point in my lungs and I ran without any issues. They were always asymptomatic.

Cardio should improve immunotherapy outcomes.
Couchpotato1999

Cool, thanks for the info! :)

May I ask what your diet routine is? I have read in books and online saying that we should avoid Animal Protein (fish is OK), dairy, gluten, carbs, sugar, and processed food. Generally avoid foods that promote angiogenesis. So I try to avoid those.

However, the book makes only one exception for dairy: the cottage cheese / flax oil mixture. It says to mix 2/3 parts cottage cheese, with 1/3 parts flax oil, and blend it well together. And then you can mix with fruit and cocao powder to make a smoothie. It's called the "Budwig Smoothie". Are you familiar with the Cottage Cheese + Flax Oil mixtur?
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Can you start your own topic in the Personal Updates, with the short intro there? We are trying to keep subjects classified, and we have the info re. immonotherapy potentiate strategies elsewhere.
In short, you need to maintain both, muscle mass and healthy gut microbiome in order to get and maintain the immune system response. You need twice as much of the plant proteins to substitute for the animal ones, you need to find out the target for your age/gender and try to get enough protein to satisfy the target. Some oils are pro-inflammatory, some oils are not good for cooking as they do not stand the high heat. Flaxseed oil by itself is highly unstable and susceptible to oxidation and rancidity. People often completely disregard these physical properties when suggesting to use for example virgin olive oil for cooking or flaxseed oil for mixtures. IMHO it is more beneficial to use the freshly ground flax in place of its oil, that way you keep the fibre. You need the insoluble fibre for the gut microbiome, fresh unbleached unsalted nuts, whole grains with more fibre on them such as buckwheat, millet, brown rice, quinoa. Raw cabbage for the salads. Berries are the best fruits for the microbiome as there are always small seeds passing trough the stomach further. You need to deliver undigested fibre to the distant parts of the system where the microbiome is.
Olga
Couchpotato1999

Yep, I will make a post in Personal Updates - Thanks :)

Return to “Lung Metastases”