Kevin K. Griffith on Pazopanib/Votrient

Multi-tyrosine kinase inhibitor, blocking various signaling pathways
Kkgriffith

Kevin K. Griffith on Pazopanib/Votrient

Post by Kkgriffith »

Heya all,

Most of the information and updates about me are under the "Personal Stories and Updates" http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=728
but I thought I would start a separate pazopanib related thread more along the lines of stat tracking for all things PAZOPANIB...including questions that I have.

Date started: May 03, 2013
Time Taken: midnight-2am ish , usually before sleep but sometimes a snack 1 hour after
Side Effects (2 month in): all new hairs are white(everywhere), random fatigue, mouth sensitivity(no spicy foods, toothpaste burns a bit), slow healing, chest tightness(where my Rolle scars are), recent stomach indigestion/gas/some diarrhea/nausea
Other Drugs: XGEVA (once a month injection), medical herbal vaporization (lots), discontinued 1.5 weeks ago 4mg/day of Decadron, discontinued 1 month ago 20mg/day Oxycotin
Blood labs (06/17/13): Sodium-134 (Low) , Potassium 5.5 (High) (My onc nurse told me to consider cutting down on potassium foods and apparently high potassium causes muscle cramping which I have a bit of still even after the decadron discontinuation.
Results: I have not yet received the official diagnosis but my onc did tell me that there was evidence of shrinkage of my 5cm sacrum tumor and stability of my lung and sternum mets.
So far side effects are manageable and I just recently started having some stomach issues but some tums and/or gasX seems to treat it well. Nausea is instantly treated by my vaporization pen.

Has anyone else had increased potassium levels after taking a TKI or any other imbalances that I should plan for?
Any tips for dealing with the post 2 month side effects?

If anyone wants anymore information feel free to ask, I will post it up. The information from the other threads has been incredibly useful.
-Kevin
D.ap

Re: Kevin K. Griffith on Pazopanib/Votrient

Post by D.ap »

Hey Kevin,
Hoping you are having a good day
Not trying to scare you but using tums with some meds can play havac with the way they are released into a persons body.
As explained by wilkipedia how tums work :

Why do TUMS help you when you have heartburn? Heartburn is caused by an excessive amount of hydrochloric acid in your stomach. It helps because the reactant calcium carbonate is a base while hydrochloric acid is an acid. Calcium carbonate neutralizes the hydrochloric acid, when they react a salt is produced. When any carbonate and acid react carbon dioxide is released. The last product that was produced was water. Salt, carbon dioxide, and water do not irritate your stomach.

Just a thought

Debbie
Debbie
D.ap

Re: Kevin K. Griffith on Pazopanib/Votrient

Post by D.ap »

An interesting article about why we have symptoms of upset stomachs--
The blood deficiencies as a result of our diets that cause low stomach acids etc were very interesting,

Click here: Why You Should Use Apple Cider Vinegar Instead of Antacids and Baking Soda for Indigestion

I am going to date myself so here it goes
My grandpa would give us this when we were kids for upset stomachs

:D

PS as always talk to your doctor
Debbie

Return to “Pazopanib”