Dasatinib crosses the blood-brain barrier

Currently open trial with ASPS patients participating
Amanda

Dasatinib crosses the blood-brain barrier

Post by Amanda »

So would this mean it will help with ASPS and other sarcomas also?
I would think that it could...

http://bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.o ... 5.abstract
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Ivan
Admin

Re: Dasatinib crosses the blood-brain barrier

Post by Ivan »

Basically, if Dasatinib is effective for ASPS tumors in general, this makes it more likely to be effective against brain mets.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I am excited about this drug more then Ced at this point! I am hoping that it will change the cells enough that the tumor will die and will not be able to serarate any longer and spread and then surgery will render NED as we just read about in the Ced forum :)

An damit its my birthday and i should get what i want! Dont you agree ;) lol
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Of course you should, but that's not how the world works unfortunately. Heck we should all get a cure so that we can move on to nicer things.

However, no matter how much you want something to be true doesn't make it so. So, let's hope that it's effective, but sadly we can't assume it is.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

No *stamps foot* it is my birthday and i want a cure now today!

Ahhh if it was so easy wouldnt that be wonderful ... It is my birthday wish!

We are getting so close now to a cure or a way to go into remision/stable that i can see it from the new targeted drugs that are coming out and the results. I guess i need more paitence? I dont care for paitence in this matter though because we need it now...

I am so sick of cancer ... I could go on an on but then this would be more OT so i will shhhh...
Ivan wrote:Of course you should, but that's not how the world works unfortunately. Heck we should all get a cure so that we can move on to nicer things.

However, no matter how much you want something to be true doesn't make it so. So, let's hope that it's effective, but sadly we can't assume it is.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Dasatinib”