Eric Quezada from San Francisco - Dx 2004 - RIP 24/08/2011

Those who lost their battle with ASPS :(
Bonni Hess

Eric Quezada from San Francisco - Dx 2004 - RIP 24/08/2011

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear ASPS Community Friends,
It is with the most profound sorrow that I read and now share the following devastating news about the tragic loss of ASPS patient and Discussion Board member Eric Quezada after his courageous 7 year battle. My deepest sympathy and shared sorrow are with Eric's dear family and his many friends.
With a heart heavy with grief and anger for the tragic loss of another precious Life to this insidious disease,
Bonni

Eric Quezada, the San Francisco politico and devoted housing rights activist, ended his seven-year battle against cancer this morning, dying at 5:55 a.m. His wife, Lorena Melgarejo, posted the news on her Facebook wall:

"Eric Quezada died this morning August 24th, 2011 at 5:55 a.m. with his mom, his brother, and me holding him. He did it like he told me he would. Eric Quezada PRESENTE! La lucha sigue! Gracias comunidad por todo el amor y solidaridad."
For nonSpanish speakers, that translates to "The fight continues! Thank you to the community for all your love and solidarity."

Quezada fought for housing rights for low-income San Franciscans as the executive director of Dolores Street Community Services. He also served as the second vice chair of the Democratic County Central Committee, after having lost the supervisor race against David Campos in 2008.

Quezada, his wife, and 3-year-old child had just returned to the city over the weekend from Germany, where he'd sought an alternative cancer therapy in Cologne for four weeks. Quezada failed to respond to the treatment, and Melgarejo wrote that they decided to fly home while Quezada was still strong enough to make the international flight.

San Francisco politicos and Mission community members are posting their condolences on Melgarejo's Facebook page.

Supervisor John Avalos wrote: "Our hearts are with you and your family. Eric lives in all of us and we will carry on his work with love and compassion."

Former Supervisor Aaron Peskin posted the following message: "profound sorrow and love. A loss for which there are no words."

And Supervisor Ross Mirkarimi said: "It's devastating news. Eric has an amazing beautiful family -- his grace and spirit shall continue to thrive."
Last edited by Bonni Hess on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amanda

Re: Eric Quezeda devastatingly lost his battle August 24th,

Post by Amanda »

What a huge loss to everyone! :*(
He was a great man doing things to help others! We dont have enough in this world like that!
I am sorry to all his loved ones! An to the lives he would have helped if he was able to stay in earth..
May he rest in beauty and peace!
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Rest In Peace”