Anders Giebel from Denmark - Dx 2007 - RIP 29/04/2011

Those who lost their battle with ASPS :(
Giebel

Re: Anders Giebel from Denmark - Dx 2007 - RIP 28/04/2011

Post by Giebel »

Hello Everybody.
I'm Anders sister. I signed up last night because i know he was talking to allot of ppl here and I guess you all would like to know what happened. I just had to get the strength to talk about it first. I'm sorry.

Anders died on the 29/4. Two days before his 31 birthday. It was a bit unexpected, because he was in good spirit the day before and he have, had a nice dinner and evening with his girlfriend... Friday morning he started to get a bit sick and was taken to hospital. He only had half the blood in his body compared to a healthy person and was given fluid to get the blood pressure up.. but nothing the doctors did seemed to work. As they were about to move him from his bed to a scanner to scan his head, his breathing stopped. They decided, given his overall state, not to resuscitate him. "luckily" it was quick and he did not suffer. no pain or nothing and it was very fast( sorry for the way that that sounds, but that is how I feel compared to allot of other dying cancer patients) The doctor's think that he had a blood-poisoning either from the operation on his hip or from the liver.. I'm thinking he had a heart attack because of his heart beating so fast trying to keep everything going, but I guess we will never know for sure. He is in peace now. No more fighting and no more pain. I wish all of you the best for the future and thank you so much for guiding my brother and for the good advice and just for being there for him when he needed it. My brother will always be missed but I/we enjoy everyday what he has left behind.
Ivan
Admin

Re: Anders Giebel from Denmark - Dx 2007 - RIP 29/04/2011

Post by Ivan »

Thank you for providing this update. That's so unfortunate! Are you saying his blood volume was down to half of the normal amount?
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Hi, thank you for taking your time to register and let us know what happened to Anders. We never met him in person but we felt like if he was our friend. It was a big shock to get this bad news that he suddenly lost his life to this damn sarcoma. I wish you to have a very good life and enjoy an every single moment of it - for both of you.
Olga
Giebel

Post by Giebel »

Ivan wrote:Thank you for providing this update. That's so unfortunate! Are you saying his blood volume was down to half of the normal amount?
well i'm not as good in English as Anders was and i don't know the right medical terms. But I mean the amount of blood in his body... so i guess that would be the volume, I think :?
Olga wrote:Hi, thank you for taking your time to register and let us know what happened to Anders. We never met him in person but we felt like if he was our friend. It was a big shock to get this bad news that he suddenly lost his life to this damn sarcoma. I wish you to have a very good life and enjoy an every single moment of it - for both of you.
you are very welcome Olga I just thought you wanted to know about what happened to him. horrible not knowing :( I have been reading this forum to get some questions answered. And I can see that what happened to my brother is very "normal" for this disease..the spreading of the met's and the time line/range.. But I'm glad I didn't know that 3 years ago. That would have broken my heart.. I have been living in hope until the day he died... but making the most of it anyway.... and as i said we are truly enjoying all that he has left behind.. his girls and all the wonderful memories..

BTW. He was not alone. Our mother was holding him in her arms as he passed away...

I so do hope that the doctors soon will solve the mystery about why this ASPS is so unpredictable and find a solution. And I wish so much for everybody else with this horrible disease all the best for the future... and all the luck in the world...
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

:*(
Giebel wrote: BTW. He was not alone. Our mother was holding him in her arms as he passed away...
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Rest In Peace”