Anders Giebel from Denmark - Dx 2007 - RIP 29/04/2011

Those who lost their battle with ASPS :(
Anders

Re: Hi from Anders, and a bit about me.

Post by Anders »

Olga wrote:Welcome back:(
From the report it looks like the chemotherapy did not do a lot, was that nodule that shrunk on that chemo in this operated lung (one of resected and tested nodules) or it will be resected next time?
Yes, and the largest went from 16mm to 6mm. Report states some necrosis in the outer areas of nodules. its odd how they can shrink and show little to no necrosis.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Welcome home Anders!
You have been thru a lot and i am so glad to hear that you are getting the same amount of air in your lungs as before the surgery and that oyu are home!
This doctor seems amasing and i am so glad you were able too have this done by him!
I am glad you are feeling good and that soreness will go away i hope soon!
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Anders

Post by Anders »

Amanda wrote:Welcome home Anders!
You have been thru a lot and i am so glad to hear that you are getting the same amount of air in your lungs as before the surgery and that oyu are home!
This doctor seems amasing and i am so glad you were able too have this done by him!
I am glad you are feeling good and that soreness will go away i hope soon!
Hi Amanda
Thanks alot... im already getting there. An im very grateful to be able to have this treatment.
Anders

Post by Anders »

I all
Still going strong and feeling good after surgery. Scar is looking good and i have almost no problems so thats good. Did a CT scan of my lungs on the 5th and got some answers back on the 18th... Unoperated lung is still as it was when i ended chemo almost 6 months ago... so stable. The operated lung is looking good... no new mets since and it has healed well... Took a look on the scans myself to see the difference :). There is a bit of air between lung and ribs (i think) but thats normal and it will go away with time. I have actually been back working for the last 2 weeks... 5 hours a day max... no need to push it, and i want as much time with my kids as possbile.. so im home when they return from kindergarden.

I got my approval for next operation, and am currently waiting for a new date from Rolle... Its probably gonna be first or second week in June... looking forward to it :)
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Anders,
Thank you for your thoughtful update. It is so good to hear from you, to hear that you have recovered and healed so quickly and so well from your laser surgery, and that your most recent scans showed no new mets in the operated lung and stability in the other. My very best wishes will be with you for an equally successful outcome and recovery from your next surgery in June, and I will be anxiously awaiting your post-op update. In the meantime, take care, continue to pace yourself with your activity level so that you have regained as much strength and energy as possible before the second surgery, and enjoy having the extra stay at Home time with your children.
With special caring thoughts, healing wishes, and continued Hope,
Bonni
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

I'm happy you aren't rushing it and allowing more recovery time. Doesn't look like there is anything of concern growing fast in the other lung anyway, so i think that's the right way to go.

I think it's very important to investigate the chemo question further. Nodules don't shrink in general from 16->6 mm for no reason. Chemo must have played a role. Perhaps the necrosis was on the outside and the body cleared away the dead tissue?

I believe effective chemo (if you are so lucky to have it) + surgery combo give a much better prognosis than surgery alone.
Anders

Post by Anders »

I talked to my doc the other day about thos chemo, and he is positive it has worked, and maybe your right about the body handling the dead tissue. Still no word from germany, so im probably gonna go there in week 23... i met another patient from denmark and we share the same doc in denmark, so i wouldnt be surprised if they send us there together this time hehe... last time he was an week later than me.

Im not bothered about not going there when i was supposed too... the extra time between the OPs will do me good, and its my girlfrieds birthday next tuesday... would like to be there ofc :)
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Anders wrote:I talked to my doc the other day about thos chemo, and he is positive it has worked, and maybe your right about the body handling the dead tissue. Still no word from germany, so im probably gonna go there in week 23... i met another patient from denmark and we share the same doc in denmark, so i wouldnt be surprised if they send us there together this time hehe... last time he was an week later than me.

Im not bothered about not going there when i was supposed too... the extra time between the OPs will do me good, and its my girlfrieds birthday next tuesday... would like to be there ofc :)
And that other patient also has ASPS, or some other multiple met condition?
Anders

Post by Anders »

Ivan wrote:
Anders wrote:I talked to my doc the other day about thos chemo, and he is positive it has worked, and maybe your right about the body handling the dead tissue. Still no word from germany, so im probably gonna go there in week 23... i met another patient from denmark and we share the same doc in denmark, so i wouldnt be surprised if they send us there together this time hehe... last time he was an week later than me.

And that other patient also has ASPS, or some other multiple met condition?
No he has a different kind... never got the name of it, but its bone related.
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Anders wrote:No he has a different kind... never got the name of it, but its bone related.
Perhaps Osteosarcoma, which also has multiple lung mets.

Hopefully the weather in Dresden will improve before you get there. Right now it's raining and pretty cold!
Anders

Post by Anders »

The weather here in denmark is awsome these days. Im no sure i want this heat when i go to dresden again... would hate these high temperatures on the intensive care hehe. But after i loose the tubes, id would be very nice :).

Still havnt heard anything from coswig... actually thaught it would be this or next week but still no word. My permit from national board of health is valid until june 30th. I take the docs are confident that i wont have any comblications this time and be ready to go home fast this time also.
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Anders, do not wait to hear from them in Coswig automatically, it is better to ask them if the permit is time limited and let them know about the time frame. They are people too and may forget - it is up to us to keep all ducks in the row so to speak. Are you in the contact with Conni Meissner?
Olga
Anders

Post by Anders »

Hi Olga
The thing is, they speak to my danish doctor, and i speak to my doctor... But i know my doctor regularly (weekly) trys to get me a date. I get the mails CC.
Anders

Post by Anders »

And we have news!

Ill be going for my second surgery in coswig in week 25... Im supposed to be there monday 21st og june.
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Anders wrote:And we have news!

Ill be going for my second surgery in coswig in week 25... Im supposed to be there monday 21st og june.
I think that's a great time. You will feel great and be quite recovered at that point from the first surgery.

Have you had a chance to go jogging yet?

Return to “Rest In Peace”