Spirituality study - NCI

Though probably have no effect on disease progression, can have a significant effect on the overall well-being of the patient
D.ap

Spirituality study - NCI

Post by D.ap »

As Christmas and other holidays across the world approach we all connect in some way ,and in various "religious ways " ,to the holidays.

Personally I grew up with lack of church attendance by my family and have never felt none the worse for it. My folks were CONSISTANTLY loving, supportive, disciplined with themselves and myself and my siblings . There was never a doubt in my mind that I was loved.

However as we, my husband and I, became parents we merged our lives and determines that our kids needed a church.
Something I never regretted.

Our upbringings and religious connections stay with us our whole lives and sometimes skews our veiws to why we get cancer.
Only we can remedy how we view ASPS and come to the conclusion that there is hope.

Spiritually we all need something to help us ,our well being ,to begin to understand ASPS and what it throws at us . We need simply, hope.

My hope is that everyone finds their nitch spiritually ,whether it be exercising, meditating, yoga and or church. They are all good for our souls. :D

The write up is pertaining to African Americans however talks about the importance of beliefs and its affect on the Cancer patient and consequently their families

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/canc ... uality-pdf
Debbie
D.ap

Re: Spirituality study - NCI

Post by D.ap »

You may feel a higher sense of purpose, peace, hope, and meaning. You may experience better confidence, self-esteem, and self-control. It can help you make sense of your experiences in life. When unwell, it can help you feel inner strength and result in faster recovery.Oct 25, 2021
Debbie

Return to “Diet and lifestyle”