BLUE GREEN ALGAE (SPIRULINA)

Though probably have no effect on disease progression, can have a significant effect on the overall well-being of the patient
Katrinauk

BLUE GREEN ALGAE (SPIRULINA)

Post by Katrinauk »

Since diagnosis I looked into remedies that were beneficial to the immune system. I came across spirulina, many people use it in a daily basis in a smootie, ect to sustain good health. Before going straight out to buy it, which you can get from your loacl health store. I did some research on any extra beneifts of taking it. I buy klamath lake spirulins, which is basically weed from the klamath lake in southern india, where the water is pure, ans it has the perfect amount of sunlight exposure to help the algae maintain many minerals and vitamins.
The one valuble bit of information i found on this is that it is a very strong anti oxident, it completely detoxes the body of toxins. It also contains a componant to allow repair of free radical cells.
I can honestly say that since taking the spirulina, the benefits I have noticed myself are, digestive health, immunity is very strong, I can be around anybody who is sick, amd not catch a bug, or cold. My energy levels are much higher, general feeling of wellness. I can say that I have never felt more healthy and well, even though I am sick with asps.
The spirulina also helps to heal wounds, and clease tissues from wounds, which I can agree with 100%, my operation site scar is around 8inches long, and they took all of my tissues from my left buttox down to th bone, I took my spirulina alongside my morphine, and after an expoected 2week stay in hospital for healing, this massive operation site was healed and i was allowed home after just 2days.
I swear by it, so id advise anybody just to give it a go!
start each day with a smile,
and end each day with no regrets!
Amanda

Re: BLUE GREEN ALGAE (SPIRULINA)

Post by Amanda »

This stuff is great i used it wjem o was first diagnosed! :) You need to do as is Katrina and make sure the company that you are getting it thru is one that makes sure it is not contaminated... Vit D is also great! Are you doing that also?
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Katrinauk

Post by Katrinauk »

Hey Amanda

I have not taken any Vit d no. Although being over here in England where its dull and very little amount of daily sunlight, I lack that anyway.
I will also advise anybody undergoing radiotherapy or chemo,, to discontinue use of spirulina if being used, as it repairs free radical cells, whereas radiotherapy and. Help cause free radicals.
I stopped taking my spirulina just before I started radio to the chest back in august, and didn't take it after treatment ended, as radio can take up to two months to have its full affect, by which time I started my cediranib trial, I am still not taking the spirulina, as I do not want it to have any affect on the trial, although I can't see any reason not to take it, I just feel more secure not to right now.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I think having a positive aditude and love around us like you do is the best med! We dont have time for sarcoma and we are deeply loved ... But, your way of thinking is one of a survivor and i am soooo happy you have this! Can you two come to Cali please an hang out with Jem an I lol :)<3
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Katrina,
Thank you for sharing this information about Spirulina and the benefits you have derived from it. However, I completely and strongly agree with your concerns and your decision to not take Spirulina while you are on Cediranib because some antioxidants and foods containing antioxidants can interfere with the effectiveness of Cediranib, such as grapefruit and red wine which are absolutely not allowed for patients taking Cediranib. It is extremely important that you not take any supplements while you are on any treatment without first discussing it with your oncologist.
With special caring thoughts and continued Hope,
Bonni
Katrinauk

Post by Katrinauk »

Amanda, I would so love to come to cali and spend time wit u and jem, although my doc will not allow me to fly any longer than two hours. There were concerns after my last two trips to Spain, after which I suffered severe chest pain, and had breathing difficulties. One of this two trips I suffered a bleed on the lung. Even now they don't know if the flights are linked, but definately a concern. Trust me, I would have been out there already otherwise, Is do all I can to get away from this dreary, rainy, dark place called England! England sucks! Lol.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Well, think ships then :)
I loved it there in the UK! The people and rain.... i love rain so much! It would take about a month to get to the USA.. but wow what a great trip! :) Wonder if we could get you discounts sence you cant fly?
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Diet and lifestyle”