Fruit Laxative

Though probably have no effect on disease progression, can have a significant effect on the overall well-being of the patient
D.ap

Fruit Laxative

Post by D.ap »

With the use of opioids comes the constipation side affects .
We used this as one of our many remedies .

Fruit Lax
The recipes below make a pleasant-tasting, natural laxative. They can be used on toast, crackers, ice cream, etc. They should be stored in the refrigerator or frozen.
Fruit Lax 1:
 1⁄2 cup of pitted dates
 1 1⁄4 cup prune nectar
 1⁄2 cup figs
 3⁄4 cup raisins
 1⁄2 cup pitted prunes
Simmer dates and prune nectar until dates are very soft. Put date mixture into a blender and add figs, raisins and prunes. Blend to a smooth paste.
Fruit Lax 2:
 8 fresh prune plums, seeded and chopped
 1 1/3 cups prunes
 1⁄2 cup dried sour cherries
 1/3 cup dried cranberries
 1⁄4 cup raisins
 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
 1 1⁄2 cup orange juice
Place everything in a saucepan and cook down to soften. If the mixture becomes dry and stick to the bottom of the pan add more orange juice. Cook for 20 minutes on low. Put in food processor and pulse until smooth.
Fruit Lax 3:
 1 cup prunes
 1 cup raisins
 1 cup dates
 1⁄2 cup orange juice
 2/3 cup prune juice
Mix all ingredients and soak overnight. The next day blend in a blended. 1 cup of wheat bran can also be added.
Visit our website: www.bccancer.bc.ca

http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/nutrition-sit ... ecipes.pdf
Last edited by D.ap on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
D.ap

Re: Fruit Laxative

Post by D.ap »

Debbie
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Should be very tasty based on the recipe. But why not just use the sun dried dates, prunes, and figs as the snacks during the day? Plus the coconut shreds are avail. frozen and you can add them to yogurt. What is the difference if they are mixed.
Olga
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

That sounds much yummier , Olga !😊
Debbie
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

I got it. It gives mom something meaningful to do. When we were in Coswig first time after the lung surgery, I was stressed and felt helpless seeing Ivan in paid and attached to all the tubes and wires. Then the German nurse came and told me - do not sit here doing nothing, start massaging his feet and hands and do it around the clocks, 20 min per a limb. That kept me meaningfully busy:)
Olga

Return to “Diet and lifestyle”