Upcoming new Cediranib Clinical Trial in England

One of the most promising trials currently open.
Bonni Hess

Upcoming new Cediranib Clinical Trial in England

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear ASPS Community Friends,
I received this thoughtful shared information from English ASPS patient Clare Clarke regarding a new Phase 2 Cediranib Clinical Trial that she plans to participate in this Fall. I continue to be deeply grateful to Clare for her continued gracious invaluable sharing, and wish her a very successful outcome to her new treatment. I will be anxiously awaiting her updates on her new Trial experience and results which I will with her kind permission then share with the Board.

This cediranib trial is phase II & I know has been organised by Prof Judson at the Marsden, but I will be taking part at my hospital ten minutes from where I live, The Christie, which is Manchester's cancer hospital. My doctor is Dr Mike Leahy, who obviously works very closely with the London team. The trial will involve a double blind placebo, so I know that for the first 24 weeks one could be on a dummy pill. After this time all will be put on cediranib. I know that they had to fight for the funding for this trials as there are so few of us. There will be only 3 of us taking part at Christie. I haven't received any paperwork yet and I'm not due at Christie again till October. I'll let you know how it all goes.

With special caring thoughts and continued Hope,
Bonni

Return to “Cediranib”