2011 ASCO abstract on Cediranib results for ASPS patients

One of the most promising trials currently open.
Bonni Hess

2011 ASCO abstract on Cediranib results for ASPS patients

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear ASPS Community Friends,
The abstracts have been released for the upcoming 2011 ASCO meeting which is scheduled to be held in Chicago on June 3rd-7th. The following is the link for the abstract of an evaluation of Cediranib as a new agent for ASPS which will be presented at the conference:
http://abstract.asco.org/AbstView_102_78928.html The data in the abstract shows a surprisingly low only >40% patient response rate which I thought would be higher, but the study is ongoing so this could possibly/will Hopefully change to a higher percentage of successful and sustained response as more data is obtained from more ASPS patients enrolling and participating in Cediranib Clinical Trials.
With special caring thoughts and continued Hope,
Bonni
Ivan
Admin

Re: 2011 ASCO abstract on Cediranib results for ASPS patient

Post by Ivan »

Disease control rate of 78% for 6 months according to RECIST 1.1 is definitely exaggerated. http://www.recist.com/recist-comparative/11.html
Progressing Disease wrote:Target Lesions: > 20% increase in the SLD taking as reference the smallest SLD recorded since the treatment started (nadir) and minimum 5 mm increase over the nadir
When sum becomes very small, increases within measurement error (2-3 mm) can lead to 20% increase
How dreadfully inadequate those guidelines are for ASPS. I am guessing most ASPS patients have their mets growing at less than 20% per 6 months :roll:
Bonni Hess

Re: 2011 ASCO abstract on Cediranib results for ASPS patient

Post by Bonni Hess »

I agree Ivan. This clearly demonstrates the great difficulty in determining the actual success of any systemic treatment with ASPS since no growth or minimum growth during a six month period may wrongly be interrpreted or recorded as treatment response when in actuality at may just be the result of the indolent nature of the disease.
With special caring thoughts and continued Hope,
Bonni

Return to “Cediranib”