Sandeep on Cediranib Phase 2 clinical trial at NCI

One of the most promising trials currently open.
Olga
Admin

Sandeep on Cediranib Phase 2 clinical trial at NCI

Post by Olga »

I am re posting part of Sandeep's post from the Personal updates that is related to his experience with the cediranib, he is the first patient to commute for the trial in US from UK every month. I hope he will add any new developments in the future here:

"I was on Sutent for 14 months, with largely stable disease. But towards the end when my scans showed 20-25% progression in my lung lesions, I decided to enter the cediranib trial in NIH, Maryland which you all are familiar with.
I have been on 30mgs of this poison for about 4 months now. I've had 2 scans so far (getting fed up of these scans- have had 15 in total !!). My first scan showed 20% improvement in my lung nodule. Before the next scan, I was asked to drop the dose to 20mgs because of side effects.

My 2nd CT scan showed the nodules had grown again and I had more lesions in my liver and spleen. However, the PET scan showed the lung nodules to be stable. My thigh lesion has also grown slightly on the CT. My brain lesions are the same. The liver and spleen lesions remain a mystery because they are not lighting up on the PET. MRI seems to be a reasonable way ahead to get to the bottom of this, as many of you suggest. It is important to be sure whether the liver/ spleen lesions are part of mets or they are simply benign changes...

My chest symptoms had returned when I was on 20mgs. I am now back on 30mgs and my symptoms are much better again. But no gain without pain- diarrhea, hand/ foot problems etc. But reasonably manageable. The hardest thing is the travel every month- from London, UK to DC. I wish they funded some of the travel for international patients too."
Olga
sandeep.bhandari

Re: Sandeep on Cediranib Phase 2 clinical trial at NCI

Post by sandeep.bhandari »

Sandeep had his scans today.There has been increase in the liver and spleen mets.We are very disappointed as he has been taken off cedaranib trial as it was our only hope.He has already been on sutent in the past which did not work.It does not look like there is anything we can try.If anyone else is aware of any new trials or medications that has helped ,please let me know.I would appreciate your suggestions in this matter.
Amanda

Re: Sandeep on Cediranib Phase 2 clinical trial at NCI

Post by Amanda »

Hello Sandeep,
I dont know the tria;s that are out there now but i do have a friend that couldnt get on the Ced trial and her Onc is getting her on another medication. Are you talking to a doctor that is giving you any sugjestions? dont give up hope ther are other drugs to try! Let me know if your Onc is giving you any choices and if not i will share my Onc information with you and maybe you can send files to him and talk on the phone :/
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Cediranib”