Photodynamic Therapy for Cancer

Compare surgery, local ablations such as RFA, cryotherapy, microwave, radiosurgery, embolization, etc
Amanda

Photodynamic Therapy for Cancer

Post by Amanda »

Hello everyone!
A dear friend of mine with ASPS had two tumors that were blocking her tubes in her lungs that were making it hard to breath and they used this treatment and the second week they went in and the first is now gone!! I am beyond happy and told her i was going to share this with everyone!
t first they said they were to lat=rge and then one doctor said nope we are doing it and YAY! it has worked! They sent her home today also after the treatment and she said she is already breating better :)

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/fact ... otodynamic
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Amanda

Re: Photodynamic Therapy for Cancer

Post by Amanda »

“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

This is where she has this treatment done...

http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/Patients/Pr ... ients.aspx
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

This is really interesting, thanks Amanda. Looks like a good (and quick!) way to control symptoms in advanced cases, while exploring other treatment options.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I like the link with the pictures of the sun and stuff lol :)
Yes, it is nice to show options that are out there for people to look at and ask there doctors about i agree :)

Ivan wrote:This is really interesting, thanks Amanda. Looks like a good (and quick!) way to control symptoms in advanced cases, while exploring other treatment options.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Local treatment modalities”