George From China - Dx 2007

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
Olga
Admin

Re: George From China - Dx 2007

Post by Olga »

Deb, we know that George is doing good because Lynette told us about it in her personal message, I do not think she updated his status anywhere here.
so I can do it for her:
After he had very few, may be 5 doses of Keytruda more than two years ago, he is doing very well with no new mets and not anything suggestive of the old active mets on the scans - may be scars.
To trigger the effect of Keytruda, he had a cryoablation to the kidney and adrenal gland mets first and had the first injection about 4 days later.
He does not get heart MRI though as there is a metal hardware in his arm (broken in place of an old ASPS met?) so they used an echo and his heart looks all good on it, no concerns.
Olga
Jorge

Post by Jorge »

Hi,
It's really been a while since my last update!

Thanks Ivan, Debbie and Olga for answering for me.

George is lucky, he is doing very well since stopping Keytruda in Apr 2016, after totally 7 dose (8*100mg, 200mg at the first time). He just had the latest scans half a month ago--chest CT and head CT with contrast.
Both lungs are pretty much the same as 2 and 3+1/2 years ago, the biggest met is now 3*4mm. Didn't mension abnormal in the heart except the radiation seeds put in 4 years ago.
Since he has a metal holder on his arm that he can't had head MRI, he had a CT with contrast on a good CT machine. There is a suspicious met of 4mm, but it's also possible a vessel.
So far so good. and the abdomen CT is scheduled.

Thanks everyone for your care and stay in touch.

Lynette
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Lynette and Jorge
Excellent news of lung tumors pretty much gone.
It’s truly good to hear from you both.
Love
Debbie

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”