Mario from Arkansas - Dx 2007

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
Olga
Admin

Re: Mario from Arkansas - Dx 2007

Post by Olga »

Mario - it is a great report from you, thank you for keeping us updated! I have been reading a lot recently on the immune-therapy response assessment and scanning and it is really all over the place. Even after the therapy is over and the patient is off treatment after having had a partial response, some of the met can suddenly appear bigger - and if it is surgically resected it is often a dead scar with the surrounding inflammation. The same goes for the mets appearing to be stable when in fact they are long time dead. Of course the real progression can happen in single mets developing resistance to immune surveillance but doctors are having a really hard time saying one from another. Perhaps the alternating CT scans and X-Rays makes sense? or echo cardiogramms with the cardiac scans etc. I know what you are talking about re. lots of scans, with the contrast...
have a wonderful summer, stay active - keep your body healthy and your muscle mass sufficient - recent articles say that immune system function depends on both, healthy gut microbiome and the skeletal muscle volume/health.
Olga
ntran727

Post by ntran727 »

Such great news Mario! So happy for you. How long have you been off the trial/medications now?
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

This is was his topic while on trial, abandoned now:)
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=1400
Olga
cachabamba10

Post by cachabamba10 »

Hi everyone, I haven't updated the site much lately. I wanted to let everyone know that on December I had my 6 month check up and everything was stable and good. I was very happy to hear the news and now have my next check up on the first week of June. Lately the past two months though I have been having some chest pain and that has me worried some. We had a plan to schedule chest X-rays in between my check ups here in my hometown but because of this whole Coronavirus, they have been postponed and I do not know when I will have them. I am thankful that so far, Arkansas hasn't been hit much with the virus but I believe its just going to get worse here. Having said that I am trying my best to stay inside and not go out unless I have to. I have also gain some weight lately because of not being able to work out and November and December I was sick with a sore throat that would not go away. It was the flu, then a sore throat, then a cold and finally the flu again. So I am hoping that when things go back to normal I can go back to the gym.

Also, I wanted everyone to know that I will be enroll on a new clinical trial at St Jude's Children Hospital, is a trial for survivors that they do. To track and see the side effects of treatment and such. I am very happy and looking forward to see everyone at St Jude's, I haven't been since 2012.

Stay Strong everyone, and safe everyone.

Mario Arevalo
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Hi Mario
good to hear that in general you are doing well. The X-Ray can be done wearing mask if they want to X-Ray you but since your scans were so recently in Dec perhaps it is ok to wait for now. Stay safe and try to change the diet including more whole grains, lean proteins, legumes and veggies and lower GI (glycemic index)
Olga
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

cachabamba10 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:44 am Hi everyone, I haven't updated the site much lately. I wanted to let everyone know that on December I had my 6 month check up and everything was stable and good. I was very happy to hear the news and now have my next check up on the first week of June. Lately the past two months though I have been having some chest pain and that has me worried some. We had a plan to schedule chest X-rays in between my check ups here in my hometown but because of this whole Coronavirus, they have been postponed and I do not know when I will have them. I am thankful that so far, Arkansas hasn't been hit much with the virus but I believe its just going to get worse here. Having said that I am trying my best to stay inside and not go out unless I have to. I have also gain some weight lately because of not being able to work out and November and December I was sick with a sore throat that would not go away. It was the flu, then a sore throat, then a cold and finally the flu again. So I am hoping that when things go back to normal I can go back to the gym.

Also, I wanted everyone to know that I will be enroll on a new clinical trial at St Jude's Children Hospital, is a trial for survivors that they do. To track and see the side effects of treatment and such. I am very happy and looking forward to see everyone at St Jude's, I haven't been since 2012.

Stay Strong everyone, and safe everyone.

Mario Arevalo
Hello Mario,
It’s truly good to hear good news of stability .😊
Try and keep busy with positive activities and keep in touch with your GP and certainly your inner circle of family and friends . Times are difficult , however their is a light to be seen if we just look for it.
Diet , as Olga pointed out is so so number 1.
Love to you ,
Debbie
Arch

Post by Arch »

Great to see your update Mario! Hope you are enjoying your life and living it to the fullest.

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”