Sam from Florida - Dx 2007

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
D.ap

Re: Sam from Florida - Dx 2007

Post by D.ap »

Hi Cindy ,
Josh has always used an oatmeal mixture of raisins & nuts for a boost to calories for weight gain , since 2015.
So that definitely is a fiber usage .
Is Sam’s weight disproportional to what he should be , for his height ?
If that’s the case it maybe time to reduce his weight to help his knee to heal , if he has knee replacement?
Glad you are getting the orbital tumor removed.
Other than the possibility of the plate deteriorating, is it causing Sam issues ?
Debbie
jcs2007

Post by jcs2007 »

Sam is now just doing 3 week regimen of Opdivo without Yervoy. His oncologist may add the Yervoy back in the future if needed. He has begun pre op for removal of the orbital tumor on 10-20. We are very happy that the skull met is no longer visible on the MRI and his sternum met has “melted away.” After the brain surgery, we will re-evaluate his knee but luckily it isn’t hurting him as long as he takes it easy. Unfortunately, he has pain in his eye and head so he wants to do the surgery. He isn’t interested in dieting at the moment but trying to add som fiber and protein. Thanks for all the input all these years!
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Hi Cindy !
Wow the reduction and disappearance of tumor masses , is incredibly good news !!

How big is the mass at this time ?

Thank you for the update and do let us know how Sam is doing .. especially after his surgery on the 20th of October.

Love ,
Debbie
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dearest Cindy, My Birthday is on the same day as dear Sam's October 20th occipital surgery, and my special Birthday wish is for Sam to have a VERY successful outcome to his surgery, and a speedy recovery and healing as he continues his VERY courageous and challenging ASPS journey. I will be anxiously awaiting your next update as I continue to hold you and dear Sam VERY close in my heart and MOST caring thoughts with VERY best wishes, warm Friendship, love, and continued Hope, Bonni

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”