Sona from Melbourne - Dx 2019 at 31 yo

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
Shamsher Singh

Re: Sona from Melbourne - Dx 2019 at 31 yo

Post by Shamsher Singh »

And Olga, would you please explain what do you
Mean by saying ,’ (although there are few known cases when they appeared without at the much later time like 10 years after)’??
Thanks
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Sona ,
Great news!
In light of what is going on in the world , it’s perfectly normal to feel not normal , in spite of your good post surgical report .
However try and get enough sleep and incorporate as much positive into your life as you can . Family , friends exercise , good eating habits etc .
Keep up on your scan schedules and learn as much as you can about ASPS.😊

Love ,
Debbie
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Sona, to clarify. The typical ASPS pattern of metastasis is the lung metastases appear first (usually within 2 years after the resection of the primary), then the brain metastases after that at the later stage (if they appear at all, it is not given but pretty frequent). It was even suspected that the brain metastases are the secondary metastatic process from the lung metastases, as they grow bigger. But there are rare cases when brain mets appeared without previous detection of the lung metastases. i.e. cases of the brain metastases in absence of the lung mets are really rare.
Olga
Shamsher Singh

Post by Shamsher Singh »

Can’t thank you enough for your support. You are in deed a great human being. Stay blessed n keep supporting people like me. U are absolutely right I need to work upon your suggestions.

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”