Lawri from UK - Dx 2009

ASPS patients post updates here, including tales of success :)
teresa

Lawri & Teresa

Post by teresa »

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to let everyone know Lawri is doing real well at the prescent time & moment :D

However Lawri really hate's having to go for her 3 monthly scans MRI to her arm & CT to her chest. It does seem almost every other MRI to Lawri's arm is also with contrast Rt.
I think this is because of the abnormalitys or white lines that doctors dont seem to be quite sure about ! As one moment everything is fine & nothing to worry about next couple appointments down the line they seem to casualy throw in the abnormalitys.

When Lawri's scans were first look at in Birmingham hospital UK konw one seemed realy clear to the white lines :?

Lawri & i have related to them as the chicken & the egg theary ! What comes first chiken or the egg ?
" " " white lines or the tumor ?

Does anyone realy know !... I dont think so

Lawri is learning to be more comfitable with the visual scars to her body. I think she is so brave because im not sure i would have at 15 years of age. Lawri is hoping to stay on in 6th form as she would like to become a parimedic. However Lawri has also just got into the finals of Miss Teen Galaxy UK to repricent Plymouth ! As she feels that an ugly word does not mean a ugly person.

Best wishes to every one for 2010

Lawri & Teresa
130120101725.jpg
130120101725.jpg (340.01 KiB) Viewed 4808 times
Amanda

Re: Lawri & Teresa

Post by Amanda »

Hello you two :)
First, why is it that ASPS attacks the good looking people that are also brilliant??? I just dont get it ;)
I have a few war wounds now from ASPS also *sigh* it gets easier and easier ever day to look at them and i am sure it will for you! Also, as you grow they will soften and streach and soon they will not look like they do now! :)

I have been a medic is Los Angeles for years now,lol You can still do this and remember that this experiance will just help you with compassion with the paitents you will treat every day! No one has the training that you do and this is a positive right? :)

I dont know anyone that likes scan times it is said that it feels almost to many like we are being re diagnosed and in a way we are. But, you are young and tuff and will do well and lets face it! You want to work in emergency med, lol :) If they are using contrast every scan please make sure that they are testing her blood before every scan please because acording to my Onc it is a must!

As for the white lines :/ I have no idea what that could be from but if you would like to send this and more info to the Onc that treated my leg he is a love and i am sure would look this over for you two :) He is the Onc that treates many paitents with sarcoma and also fixes the messes that others make when they do the wrong surgery... He is also a good guy and would make you smile! Let me know mail me thru the site and i will get you his info :)

Also, when you can set up this thread in the Personal area so you will have a place that is all yours! :)

In healing hopes for all!

Amanda
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Olga
Admin

Re: Lawri & Teresa

Post by Olga »

Teresa, thank you for posting. I have opened a new topic for Lawri in Personal Updates and you can post additional info there so it will all be in one place, it will be easier for people to follow the situation.
Olga
Olga
Admin

Lawri from UK - Dx 2009

Post by Olga »

Hi, I am Teresa & my daughter has ASPS she was diagnosed more then a year ago she has under gone surgery to her right upper arm & 6 weeks radiotherapy. She also has had open lung surgery on her right lung. At the moment we are in scan watch and wait, we live Plymouth UK. My daughter turned 15 this June, 2009 her name is Lawri.
Olga
jcs2007

Re: Lawri

Post by jcs2007 »

Teresa,
Thanks for shaing Lawri's story. My 14year old son was diag. 2 years ago so I can relate to your story.
Just know you will find this board with the best info on ASPS and the most caring members. Best wishes
in your upcoming scans. We have scans scheduled in April.
Peace,
cindy stokes

Return to “Personal Stories and Updates”