Inhibition of lymphangiogenesis impairs antitumour effects of photodynamic therapy and checkpoint inhibitors in mice

Non-ASPS articles which could be relevant.
arojussi

Re: Inhibition of lymphangiogenesis impairs antitumour effects of photodynamic therapy and checkpoint inhibitors in mice

Post by arojussi »

It is very difficult for me to see, what this means to asps-patients. Lenalidomide isnt used in asps as far as I know. However tki and pd1-inhibitors are valid combination, based on Bleelyn Wilky`s trial. Also addition of photodynamic therapy makes this trial too complicated for me to Understand.

So to me key finding for asps is, that lenalidomide shouldnt be further investigated for asps alone or in combination. As I said this trial is too comblicated for me. So if someone could explain to me futher, I would appreciate.

Now I worry, that inhibition of lymphangiogenesis, that might be caused by cediranib would interfere with immunotherapy. But if tki would effect to immunotherapy, then I dont think combination of axitinib and pembrolisumab would have been as succesfull as it was.
Olga
Admin

Re: Inhibition of lymphangiogenesis impairs antitumour effects of photodynamic therapy and checkpoint inhibitors in mice

Post by Olga »

I think that Deb posted it here - in Other Publications - just because to attract out attention it the drugs interactions are very complex and largely unstudied on the lower level - just for side effects.
As per Dr. Wilky trial - The similar effectiveness is seen in other non-combo (single agent) trials and in off label use by our patients with different ICI drugs. So unless there is a separate trial for Keytruda alone in ASPS it is hard to say what addition of the TKI does to a response rate.
Olga
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Jussi
Olga is correct in I wanted to bring in a Med as a possible problem to counteract the ICI experience .

My main focus that day was the topic of lymphatic vessels and there role in immune health , and the study ( mice ) was showning an issue.

It’s my understanding that the “other medical “ topic is not ASPS related but food for thought . : )

Here’s what I was beginning to research before I kinda ended up on a tangent ?
How were you taught to learn and remember
medical topics in medical school ?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 7410001157
Debbie
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Parallels of Resistance between Angiogenesis and Lymphangiogenesis Inhibition in Cancer Therapy
Dennis Jones
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, 670 Albany Street,

Abstract: Metastasis is the primary cause of cancer-related mortality. Cancer cells primarily metastasize via blood and lymphatic vessels to colonize lymph nodes and distant organs, leading to worse prognosis. Thus, strategies to limit blood and lymphatic spread of cancer have been a focal point of cancer research for several decades. Resistance to FDA-approved anti-angiogenic therapies designed to limit blood vessel growth has emerged as a significant clinical challenge. However, there are no FDA-approved drugs that target tumor lymphangiogenesis, despite the consequences of metastasis through the lymphatic system. This review highlights several of the key resistance mechanisms to anti-angiogenic therapy and potential challenges facing anti-lymphangiogenic therapy. Blood and lymphatic vessels are more than just conduits for nutrient, fluid, and cancer cell transport. Recent studies have elucidated how these vasculatures often regulate immune responses. Vessels that are abnormal or compromised by tumor cells can lead to immunosuppression. Therapies designed to improve lymphatic vessel function while limiting metastasis may represent a viable approach to enhance immunotherapy and limit cancer progression.
Keywords: lymphangiogenesis; angiogenesis; treatment resistance; metastasis

https://mdpi-res.com/d_attachment/cells ... -00762.pdf
Debbie

Return to “Other Publications”