Dr.Nockerson patient - 10 years disease free

Patients who have no evidence of disease (NED) or stable for decades
Olga
Admin

Dr.Nockerson patient - 10 years disease free

Post by Olga »

I decided to post here this report of the case when ASPS with the multiple lung metastases was successfully treated by the traditional chemotherapy+surgery to remove the lung mets, because from the abstract it is not clear that there was a surgery to remove the lung mets, but it was after the surgery that pathology report found that pulmonary metastases showed in vivo evidence of tumor death.

Alveolar soft-part sarcoma responsive to intensive chemotherapy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15087950
I contacted Dr.Nickerson and he confirmed that the patient is well with no sign of disease.
Olga
Disco76lover

Re: Dr.Nockerson patient - 10 years disease free

Post by Disco76lover »

Olga I have just read this which is inspiring. What is the multi agent chemo treatment it mentions? Do we know as I thought chemo didn't work with asps? Thank you
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

We have the full text article in our library on the main page:
http://www.cureasps.org/bibliography/ you can download it. I do not remember off hands but it was the usual for these years traditional multi agent combo, in combination with the lung surgery to resect the remaining non-responding mets.
Prof. Ian Judson once said on the sarcoma conference that he encountered few % of the complete responses in any chemo-resistant sarcoma on any stage. It is just a gamble like this.
Olga
Disco76lover

Post by Disco76lover »

Thank you Olga. I will give it a read. X

Return to “Success Stories”