Cigna problems/Amanda

How to convince insurance providers to give you best possible care
Amanda

Re: Kevin from California, US (Dx Feb 2012)

Post by Amanda »

what they are doing to you CIGNA they are doing to me an many others! Part of there training is lies .. I have now two documented times they have gone into bad faith! It seems when cancer stage 4 enteres the picture they start to play games...
nice thing is they are so stupid they do not know how to cover it! Its like Alvin Simon an Thearore are runnning Cigna! I dont think they should be alloed to remain in buissness! I am filing a care witht he state of californias sinnsurance commioner! If it goes as well as i am hoping an as i was told it would i will post this here and in any stage 4 camcer forum on the net! Google searches and stuff can be tailored as i am sure you knw.. an i am positive many cancer forums will have a cigna flaming frum or topic!
cigna was calling medicare an motion picture an asking them what they are going to pat as a primary .. then cigna would pay whats left over.. cigna is primary so that may end up leaving me holding a obligation.. an i called medicare an helped them start a reclaim agenst cigna an i have kept all paperwork that they are denying being primary when they are primary! Have they tried to opoint a person for you to talk to one on one so no problems will continue to happen? Be ready mine was super nice but didnt know what to do :/ welcome to more frustrations! Refuse this an get the state info to start a case egenst cigna

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/

call the doctors please tel them to keep a log in your file of every time cigna calls an what they are trying to deny an there name an number ...
If cigna has faxed billing with any denials of scans an thats not legal now BTW ask for a copy... Keep that! There is a reference number on that fax that the state will need to file charges agenst cigna!

Yaai i hate cigna this much that i have had to learn Obummer cares rules an there are many! seems the chip monks cigna has working for them have not read these rules!!! How stupid of them!

They have blocked my scans now twice! One of them pushed a extreemly important procedure out almost two months an i advised cigna an made sure we were being recorded that if i am forced to have a huge open surgery other then the cryo on the adreanal gland it is there fault for pushin thins out fareth an faerther an now the DR are logging this! so it is not just myself so
talk to billing in the places that this is happening a lot an dont be surprised when you find out you are far from the only one dealing with evil cigna games ><
well, if things fall together as i thibk they might it is looking like if stage 4 any thing comes up a denial of who is primary or should pay will start! An even if it was fixed an there is notes an you give them a reference number they wont be able to find it... wright down date an time it was fixed an ask id this call being recorded if they say no tell them to record the call on a sticky note put down day an time an then have then re start the call with you recorded... then call them out polightly that this was now fixed an how they fixed it an a reference number.. then you have circled there covered wagons.. check mate! use there toys to cover you :)

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/GoogleSearc ... &oq=&gs_l=

FAILING!!!!!!
Under the settlement agreement, the companies are required to:
Enhance claim procedures to improve the claims handling process to benefit current and future policyholders.
Establish a remediation program in which the companies' enhanced claim procedures will be applied to certain previously denied or adversely terminated claims for residents of states whose insurance commissioners also signed the settlement agreement.
Participate in a 24-month monitoring program conducted by the insurance departments of the five lead states in the action involving random sampling and ongoing consultation.
Undergo a re-examination upon completion of the monitoring period.
Pay fines and administrative fees totaling $1,675,000 to the five lead state states, which are California, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania.

Failing to do!!!!!
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
D.ap

Re: Cigna problems/Amanda

Post by D.ap »

Hey there Amanda

I am so sorry to hear of your fight with Cigna.
Is this coverage through a work place or did you purchase it through the gov. website?
Is the medicare part B? And how does Blue Cross and Blue shield, ie motion picture from your personel post , figure into the big picture?

I hope you have made headway..you shouldn't have to have this stress!
Write when you can.
http://www.medicare.gov/supplement-othe ... rance.html

Love
Debbie
Debbie
D.ap

Re: Cigna problems/Amanda

Post by D.ap »

Dear Amanda ,

Hoping your week brought you closer to getting your adrenal tumor taken care of by Cigna

Is there anyway that Medicare part B or blue cross can pay first then go against Cigna?
Your doctor has a strong case for your surgery?
And another though is he asking for palliative treatment or curative surgery ?
Is the person doing the submitted billing coding the procedure correctly?
There are a lot of codes and they need to be absolutely accurate to what is being asked to be paid
Hope that makes since as I recall you worked in the medical field

The reason I asked if you purchased Cigna through your employer is here in Kansas a lot of employer based insurance
companies "extended" their renewal till December of this year and at renewal will decide whether they HAVE to or will get to be part of an employer based insurance or be part of "the free market". They may just get out of health care all together
My husband and I deal with insurance companies every day ! There are some we absolutely know aren't being fair to the consumer and others that bend over backwards and are as honest as the day is long
A lot of the unfairness starts with a individual handler not necessarily the company .
That's why supervisors and their bosses are there. Hopefully to create fairness and justice in the service .

It is and always will be truly big business . It needed to be reined in as the cost was disproportionate to the middle to lower income families incomes . However I am not convinced that this reform is the answer .
Off my podium
Back to my concerns. You you and you

Write when able

Much love
Debbie
Ps
Olga's posts
http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=818 :)

http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=290

Have you PM Kathy
Maybe she has some ideas to give to you
Debbie

Return to “Insurance Coverage”