For those interested in having molecular profiling

Molecular Studies of Tumor Samples
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

This is the information from other sarcoma board written by my fellow sarcoma patient Kim-OC:

on fresh tumor, a phone call by your oncologist to Dr. Alarcon at the
Molecular Profiling Institute (MPI) for the Target Now program is needed (602) 358-8982, or
aalarcon@molecularprofiling.com
This is not a trial. Very precise collection and processing of the tissue sample is required and will be discussed between Dr. Alarcon, your surgeon and the pathologist assigned to your case. Dr. Alarcon's lab is utilizing additional testing from TGen's lab to create a tumor profile inclusive of all known tumor markers etc. without officially joining TGen's trial. It is even possible to request some of those specific markers we have been reading about and MPI will be sure to test for it. As for cost, I was told my insurance would be billed and any remaining balance after disbursement would be cleared.
Contact our Yosef Landesman landesmany@yahoo.com before doing it to discuss what tumor markers are relevant and how to donate the rest of the tumor to NCI for specific ASPS molecular studies.
Josh

Re: For those interested in having molecular profiling

Post by Josh »

Olga, I contacted Dr. Landesman by email, but received no response. I've had a Molecular Profile done on my primary (but it has been frozen in storage since September, not sure how much that effects the results vs. a fresh tumor.) and was curious if the results were meaningful. I plan to post it here as a new topic when I get time to transpose it.

Return to “Molecular Studies”