Radiation exposure an N-Acetyl Cysteine

Treatment with conventional low radiation before and after surgery.
Amanda

Radiation exposure an N-Acetyl Cysteine

Post by Amanda »

Hi :)
Most everyone that reads here has had at least five CT scans an other things done to us an the lasting affects can also be dangerous. I have lost count but i have had about 16 CT scans :/

I am reading about things that may help us to defend at least a little from this radiation.

If anyone has any ideas please share them so we can all have a shied even if it is a small one a lil in the end is a lot with radiation...

""N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC)
N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) is a sulfur-containing compound that powerfully supports natural intracellular antioxidant systems, particularly glutathione. That makes it an effective radioprotective agent.72 NAC attenuates liver damage from radiation in mice, reducing oxidant damage and resultant DNA damage—both before and even after radiation exposure.73,74 By a separate mechanism (multitargeting again), NAC stimulates release of cytokines known to protect bone marrow against radiation injury.75 And NAC protects bone marrow cells from radiation as well, largely by preventing DNA damage.76,77 A multi-supplement mixture including vitamins C and E plus NAC significantly increased 30-day survival of mice exposed to a potentially lethal dose of X-rays.78 Remarkably, the effect was the same whether the supplement was given before or after the exposure.""

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2010/aug ... ays_01.htm

**As with any suggestions on any thing posted it is very important to talk to your doctor before use**
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Radiation”