Surgery to Remove the Primary ASPS Tumor

Surgery to remove the primary tumor.
Yosef Landesman
Admin

Surgery to Remove the Primary ASPS Tumor

Post by Yosef Landesman »

A study by researches from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center NY finds that:
[quote]By practicing appropriate diagnostic techniques, AGGRESSIVE SURGICAL CONTROL of the primary site, and assiduous, long-term surveillance for metastases, physicians have enabled patients to survive for very long periods with this disease (read Kayton et al 2006 on the ASPS Library)[/quote]
Discuss surgery to remove the PRIMARY alveolar soft part sarcoma tumor in this section.
Last edited by Ivan on Sat May 02, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typos fixed
teresa

Re: Surgery to Remove the Primary ASPS Tumor

Post by teresa »

My daughter Lawri has had aggresive surgery to remove a tumor in her right upper arm followed by aggressive radiotherapy nearly every day for 6 weeks. I get very confussed about ASPS as when we were first told it was about doing their best not to let her die when my daughter asked the question since Lawri's opperations she has been scaned 3 monthly to chest & arm with abnormalitys they talk of some times yet other times all's well & fine do these white lines mean anything at all. We do ask but it all seems a bit hit & miss to us. Is my daughter ok now or could this end up killing her will she live to 80 years old ! or dont anyone know i find this all so mind puzzling at times.
Attachments
130120101725.jpg
130120101725.jpg (340.01 KiB) Viewed 6585 times
Amanda

Re: Surgery to Remove the Primary ASPS Tumor

Post by Amanda »

Hello :)
I do not even know where to start here but i wil say this to start! This is rare! and some do very well and some have even become stable and are still stable. Please, contact my Onc there is hope and a heck of a lot of it!
I am also a mother and what you are going thru i canot even bear to think of and i am deeply sorry! <3 When you have time please mail me i will send you my Oncs info and then you contact him. He removed the tumor from my leg is amasing and saw this sarcoma in others and see's other sarcomas a LOT will look over all the things you send him and then set a time and talk to you. He did it for another friend that has sarcoma and also told him they messed the operation up and to get it taken care of asap!

My sugjestion is this.. Plan for her to be 80 or 90 plan on the next vacation you will take. Plan her life! No one can tell you 100% what will happen and anyone that at this stage says they can is wrong! I am stable or so they think till my scans.I have no idea what if at all they will find. I have had two huge surgerys. I am now being told that the two things in my other lung are all they can find in my whole body in the last scan a few months ago and that sence 50% *three things* of the things they found in my other lung were not sarcoma that we will wait and see. I asked what is going to happen the unknown blatently sucks! But, do you even know how long you will live? They said this is rare and any thing that happens is different in every paitent! this is so rare that they realy cant predict they can just wait and watch and hope. From what i am told many also misdiagnos this and be blessed hat they didnt do that with you and this is very good! I want to make sure you are seeing a sarcoma specilist? Read these forums we have stories and people stable and clear of ASPS hold hope! Smile and get in the sun and live! This doesnt own you and dont you dare let it!
Now go read the wonderful stories and tell your daughter about them :)

In healing hopes for all!

Amanda
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Resection”