60 Minutes organ transplants and cells

Trials that are open to ASPS patients.
Amanda

60 Minutes organ transplants and cells

Post by Amanda »

Hello :)
I was watching 60 minutes and watched as they said they are starting to cure cancers and replace organs like lungs and they are saying within five years it maybe available...
Im not sure how real this is but if it is real we are coming far and fast now in curing cancers :)

http://www.tv.com/video/10475554/growin ... usel;vid;2
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Anders

Re: 60 Minutes organ transplants and cells

Post by Anders »

thats just amazing:).

Maybe replacing a whole organ is gonna take some time, but the part where you make an organ regen, now thats interresting.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Anders wrote:thats just amazing:).

Maybe replacing a whole organ is gonna take some time, but the part where you make an organ regen, now thats interresting.
I watched it twice to realy make sure i saw and heard what they said lol

They did a bladder already and she is doing great :)

It would be wonderful new lungs and hearts... and no immune responces to the organs because it thinks it is the patients...

Well, though it maybe in the distance seeing this is just another show that treatments and the new drugs are becoming amasing and that the future and hope are so much brighter! :)
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Actually lung transplants are kind of common, but they won't do them for metastatic cancers. I'm guessing that if you are filthy rich (nothing wrong with that) you could score a couple of new lungs privately and pretty much have your lungs dealt with.

The really interesting part will be when they can take a pig, grow your own lung from stem cells inside the pig, and transplant that back to you. Now that would be absolutely sick.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I wouldnt mind a new set lol
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Amanda wrote:I wouldnt mind a new set lol
I'm guessing that's at least 10 years away, though. Maybe they can regrow your own lungs inside you - one lung (or lobe) at a time :)
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

That would feel weird lol

Within ten years ASPS i fully believe will be completely treatable! Within the last two years we have changed it in many ways because of shared information and new research into a chronic disease in many cases.

My step mother who was brilliant an not only was an MD but a scientist said "In ten years cancers will be curable. An if yours returns it will also be around that time. You will be fine!" She was very up to date on the new breakthrough and the direction of research she was also fighting cancer.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Amanda wrote:That would feel weird lol

Within ten years ASPS i fully believe will be completely treatable! Within the last two years we have changed it in many ways because of shared information and new research into a chronic disease in many cases.

My step mother who was brilliant an not only was an MD but a scientist said "In ten years cancers will be curable. An if yours returns it will also be around that time. You will be fine!" She was very up to date on the new breakthrough and the direction of research she was also fighting cancer.
It would surely feel better than repeated surgeries, etc. Plus your own lung could be customized to make it even more efficient than whatever you had in the first place. Can't wait for that.

Return to “Other Clinical Trials”