durvalumab-plus-tremelimumab-shows-modest-activity-for-advanced-sarcoma

New research, clinical trial outcomes, etc.
arojussi

Re: durvalumab-plus-tremelimumab-shows-modest-activity-for-advanced-sarcoma

Post by arojussi »

Lets see if I got this right. These numbers look very promosing for asps. Of course they need to be confirmed with longer and larger study with more asps patients. As 6 asps patients is most likely too small sample to achieve statistically significant results. Response rate of 50 percent is very good considering that Opdivo and Yervoy (pd1-inhibitor and ctla4-inhibitor) are approved for melanoma. Response rate to combination tested in this trial achieved similar results in asps as Opdivo and yervoy did in melanoma. Response rate of 50 percent is very good for cancer with currently no standard medical treatment. Disease control rate of 83 percent is similar to disease control rate with Cediranib at 24 weeks. So if larger trial is able to confirm these numbers I see no scientific reason why this combination couldnt be approved for treatment of asps.
D.ap

Post by D.ap »

Jussi
Maybe connect with Mario?
Just a thought
Night

http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopic ... 371#p11371
Debbie
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

It is unclear if the second added drug tremelimumab (CTLA-4 block) contributes anything to Durvalumab (PD-L1 block)? We tested Ivan's tumor years ago and it was negative for CTLA-4...
I communicated with Mario few weeks ago and he was doing very well on this trial, I guess he is one of the ASPS patient responding.
Olga
arojussi

Post by arojussi »

I looked studies about pd1-inhibitors in nelanoma a lot when I was on Keytruda. This trial achieved better results than Opdivo alone did in melanoma. So if Durvalumab alone would be that effective in asps that would be great. Numbers in this trial are very similar as bumbers in melanoma studies. So I believe adding ctla4-inhibitor increases response rate a little, but it comes with a cost of significant increase in toxitity. At least that is what all my doctors said when I asked about using pd1 and ctla4-inhibitors together. I believe some pd1-negative patients have responded to pd1-inhibitors, so why couldnt same thing apply for ctla-4.

Return to “Medical Publications”