Doxorubicin alone versus intensified doxorubicin plus ifosfamide for first-line treatment of advanced or metastatic STS

New research, clinical trial outcomes, etc.
D.ap

Doxorubicin alone versus intensified doxorubicin plus ifosfamide for first-line treatment of advanced or metastatic STS

Post by D.ap »

Doxorubicin alone versus intensified doxorubicin plus ifosfamide for first-line treatment of advanced or metastatic soft-tissue sarcoma: a randomised controlled phase 3 trial

Prof Ian Judson, MDcorrespondenceemail, Prof Jaap Verweij, PhD, Prof Hans Gelderblom, PhD, Prof Jörg T Hartmann, MD, Prof Patrick Schöffski, MPH, Prof Jean-Yves Blay, PhD, J Martijn Kerst, PhD, Prof Josef Sufliarsky, MD, Prof Jeremy Whelan, MD, Prof Peter Hohenberger, MD, Anders Krarup-Hansen, MD, Prof Thierry Alcindor, MD, Sandrine Marreaud, MD, Saskia Litière, PhD, Catherine Hermans, Prof Cyril Fisher, DSc, Prof Pancras C W Hogendoorn, PhD, Prof A Paolo dei Tos, MD, Prof Winette T A van der Graaf, PhD, for the European Organisation and Treatment of Cancer Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group†

Need to search and view :roll:
Last edited by D.ap on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debbie
Bonni Hess

Re: Doxorubicin alone versus intensified doxorubicin plus ifosfamide for first-line treatment of advanced or metastatic

Post by Bonni Hess »

Sadly, to my personal knowledge, neither one of these very harsh chemotherapy drugs used either alone or in combination with each other has been successful in treating ASPS. It will be interesting and important to find out if ASPS is included in this Phase 3 Trial.
With special caring thoughts and continued Hope,
Bonni
D.ap

Re: Doxorubicin alone versus intensified doxorubicin plus ifosfamide for first-line treatment of advanced or metastatic

Post by D.ap »

Hi Bonni

My search indicated that ASPS patients were included in this trial however I can't find any documentation with the report yet :roll:
However, I may of misread the page prior to opening the link may have read ASPS to be excluded as is it almost always amendable by surgery. :oops:

However found the NIH link

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24618336
Debbie
Bonni Hess

Post by Bonni Hess »

Dear Debbie,
Thank you for the additional shared information and the link to the study report. Unfortunately, the following stated conclusion of the report, "Our results do not support the use of intensified doxorubicin and ifosfamide for palliation of advanced soft-tissue sarcoma unless the specific goal is tumour shrinkage." seems to just confirm my opinion regarding this traditional chemo regimen for sarcoma which has been prescribed and, as per my extensive research and anecdotal observations, mostly unsuccessfully used to systemically treat sarcoma patients for the past 30 years.
With special caring thoughts and continued Hope,
Bonni

Return to “Medical Publications”