Modeling Alveolar Soft Part Sarcomagenesis

New research, clinical trial outcomes, etc.
D.ap

Modeling Alveolar Soft Part Sarcomagenesis

Post by D.ap »

This has been recent topic specific to our cause
My hope is we can discuss this as a group - :)
Talking about our sarcoma on a molecular level as my best understanding :roll:

http://www.cureasps.org/alveolar-soft-p ... l-journal/

Thank you everyone for contributing including Jolie back in November of 2014!

http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewtopic ... tate#p7593
Debbie
californiaresa

Re: Modeling Alveolar Soft Part Sarcomagenesis

Post by californiaresa »

This study was an exciting read and I can't wait as studies continue into how lactate feeds the tumor. When I found my cancer it was because I had been working out hard with a personal trainer. My left thigh began to cramp every day we exercised. I tried eating lots of bananas and drowning myself with lots of water but my body seemed to be producing excessive amount of lactate. Finally, I did a yoga class. My leg cramped so bad that the tumor presented itself. I could feel the lump. I got an MRI, had the tumor removed in February 2008. No spreading as of yet. I live only an hour from where this tidy was done and I plan to get in touch with the authors to see what help I or other ASPS patients can do to help their study. It would be so amazing if a way to suppress lactate and starve the tumor was possible since radiation and chemo haven't worked as well to help as we would hope. I would love to hear others thoughts.

Theresa
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

The problem as I can see it is going to be the need to suppress lactate for the tumor use only, as the lactate is the essential component of the body functioning esp. the brain and muscles.
Olga
californiaresa

Post by californiaresa »

Yes, I can see that as a problem. While a member of BYUs Cancer Awareness Group I learned that they created a robotic pill of types that can deliver chemo to a certain location. I know it is still in development but it does give hope that lactate suppression might be able to be targeted at just the tumor area.

Return to “Medical Publications”