VERFR-TKI and their targets table

Tyrosine kinase inhibitors, blocking various signaling pathways.
Fictional

VERFR-TKI and their targets table

Post by Fictional »

In case this might be helpful, I copied this slide from somewhere: Image
Olga
Admin

Re: Bonni in Hospital!

Post by Olga »

'F', from this table - which ones are already approved for the other diseases (so can be prescribed off label for ASPS somehow). I think that only sorafenib and sunitinib?
Olga
Fictional

Re: Bonni in Hospital!

Post by Fictional »

This may be too much information for some people. I didn't mean to be confusing. I did find it interesting that the big significant difference for Cediranib was VEGF2. There are other VEGF2 agents in the pipeline...but they may be less toxic.

The other FDA-approved drug is Pazopanib. There are more people that we know of who have responded to Sunitinib - but that might because that drug has been around longer. There is at least 1 person who responded to Pazopanib according to our oncologist - but we know of no details about that case.

Most of the other drugs are still available in clinical trial. ABT869 is known to have sustained benefit in ASPS in at least one case, but that is in the literature. The trials have been mostly outside the US, but that may change.

In the setting of multiple known mets sites, Sutent may be the best choice. It is very expensive ($6000 per month), but many good insurance plans would pay for it -especially as there is a paper published showing its benefit in ASPS. Usually these specialty drugs may take a few days to come into a pharmacy and it may not be available at your local pharmacy (sometimes they need to go into a hospital pharmacy). With Premera Blue Cross, we had to use a specialty pharmacy within their pharmacy network (Accredo) to order the 'fancy' drugs like Sutent or Pazopanib or Afinitor (mTOR). We were planning to try these, but then the PF02341066 (crizotinib) came along and cryoablation seemed like a possibility.
Olga
Admin

Re: VERFR-TKI and their targets table

Post by Olga »

So the currently approved for other indications drugs are sorafenib, sunitinib and pazopanib (as of June 2010).
I guess that the response in ASPS patient to Pazopanib is not documented? There is an article in JCO with the results of the study in Europe
Pazopanib, a multikinase angiogenesis inhibitor, in patients with relapsed or refractory advanced soft tissue sarcoma: a phase II study from the European organisation for research and treatment of cancer-soft tissue and bone sarcoma group (EORTC study 62043).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19451427
There was a strata "other STS types" may be there were ASPS patients at that strata...
Olga

Return to “TKI”