Votrient

Tyrosine kinase inhibitors, blocking various signaling pathways.
Dadoona

Votrient

Post by Dadoona »

Hi everyone, my family member has been on 800mg votrient for about 4months now. After 6 weeks scans showed significant reduction of pleural mets which were thrilled with! We are due next scans end of this month. My concern is that up to 4 days ago we had experienced ongoing side effects including a lot of fatigue & tiredness - needing hours of sleep during the day. For the past 4 days this has almost dissapearrd which is great however im very concerned that this may mean the votrient has stopped working?? Has anyone experienced anything like this? Many thanks for reading!
Olga
Admin

Re: Votrient

Post by Olga »

It is really good to hear about the reduction of the sub pleural mets.
With tyrosine kinase inhibitors, TKI, there is no connection between the drug efficacy and the side effects. It is pretty normal that side effects with TKI get worse as the time on it goes, we call it a build up...Sometimes people need the IV liquids to reduce the toxicity build up. Have you found the list of the common side effects on Votrient (pazopanib is its generic name)?
Olga
D.ap

Re: Votrient

Post by D.ap »

Hello Dadonna :)

Bonni started a discussion back in 2013 , as she Olga, Ivan and many others were sharing imperative information on our rare ASPS.

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=821

I had added to the post the following -in 2018

In the 2018 ASCO conference , a report was released of using a FDG-PET scan that reports of metabolic activity I assume on an ongoing basis and was used as a predictor of how successful ( or not )votrient/ pazopanib would be .

https://meetinglibrary.asco.org/record/162375/abstract
Debbie

Return to “TKI”