Question for anyone who has had a lymph node metastasis

Treatment of metastases in other locations.
argonaut

Question for anyone who has had a lymph node metastasis

Post by argonaut »

Howdy,

I am wondering if anyone who has had a lymph node ASPS metastatsis could tell me whether or not the lymph node moves. Our doctors are examing a lymph node and state that since it moves it is probably not cancerous. I have also read that quite often ASPS is often one distinct mass instead of spread out.

What I am trying to figure out is if a biopsy is warranted and if the movability of the nodul in the case of ASPS may or may not be indicative of ASPS.

Thanks for the feedback.
Kate

Lymph node metastasis

Post by Kate »

Hi agronaut,
I have ASPS that has metasized to the lymph nodes. I have recently had surgery to remove all the ASPS. My main mass was on my left side in my pelvis. My doctors cannot be certain but assume this was the primary tumor. There were many lymph nodes stuck to and surrounding the original mass, that contained ASPS. During an ultrasound before my first surgery (a biopsy), the mass moved when the doctor pressed on my stomach (they originally thought it may be attached to the ovary). The mass was also quite hard. During my recent surgery, when the main mass was removed from my left side, 3 smaller masses were also removed from the right side of my pelvis, where the ASPS had metasized into lymph nodes. According to my research it seems it's very rare that ASPS metasizes to the lymph nodes and i would also love to hear from anyone that has had lymph node ASPS metastasis. If i were you i would definitly have the biopsy and i wouldn't rely on movability to rule out ASPS. I hope this helps.

Kate =)
Olga
Admin

it is rare but cases are known

Post by Olga »

I will have to post for the member who is not here anymore - it is Pamela Ham. She had whole bunch of the lymph nodes closest to the primary in her leg infected after the surgery for the primary resection and it was accidentally found that some of the resected ones were ASPS affected. I also have seen some cases in the studies although they didn't mention the localization. They are rare but happen. It is always on the side of the primary and next to it. My guess is that they might be more frequent but stay undetected and dormant. So I would have it tested or removed (if it is inflammed, painfull). The rule reg. it moving or not moving might be applied to the primary (and is not reliable also Ivan's lump was moving well in one direction and not that good in the other). Lymph nodes are always moving even when affected.

Return to “Other Metastases”