If you could not login, please contact me at...

Suggestions, and any technical issues you are having with our forums
Olga
Admin

If you could not login, please contact me at...

Post by Olga »

olga [at] blocknote (dot) net
I will reset your password. We have increased the level of the difficulty reading the control word as many of you can see on the SA board that uses the similar software that the spam has devastated the board recently. We will look into other solutions.
Olga
Amanda

Re: If you could not login, please contact me at...

Post by Amanda »

Hello Olga,
I had this problem for two days and then my boyfriend fixed it some how so it could be seen. If he says that he had a trick to seeing it i will re post. We did have to refresh it over and over and find a word that was visable. If this keeps up i will look for a host that will hold a site for us for free i have a friend that may help us at no charge. I will also ask if he will hold the main sarcoma group and if he says yes i will have the hosts contact them if they are interested.
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
"The microbe is nothing, the soil is everything)""
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Amanda, thanks, but I do not think the problem is the host but that this specific software (phpBB type boards) was cracked and they manage to find a way to read the control word. We are still doing relatively fine but I remove about 2 false reg. attempts a day, but we have an admin supported registration - when someone has to apply first and then to be activated by the admin, on the SA web-site they have much more people and they use simplified activation process so the automated spam can register itself and start posting all over the board, you have probably seen it on the Sarcoma Alliance board...
Olga
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

The confirmation Captcha comes up because someone is attacking boards (including ours) trying to break into people's accounts by using an automated system.

I've changed some settings, let's see if it works for you guys.

New version of the board (next release) will try to address this issue. It will be out soon, so we'll give it a try when it comes out.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hello :)
Ok, let me know though if we have any problems at all and if we do i will ask him. Trust me no one in there right mind will try and fish are info from what he is holding up ;) He is a good man but is savy in security and exploits. I would just have him talk to you two and stay out of it other then setting it up :)
“Many times it is much more important to know what kind of patient has the disease, than what kind of disease the patient has”.
Claude Bernard~

Amanda
Olga
Admin

Post by Olga »

Thanks Amanda!
It looks like it works fine for now as Ivan installed an update yesterday where the security supposedly should be better but if it starts misbehaving again - I'll ask you for sure!
Olga
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Hello Olga :)
YAy for it being fixed!!
I have seen this problem on a few sites i hope they fix theres soon also.
We should send Ivan to them lol
Claude Bernard~

Amanda

Return to “Forum Issues and Suggestions”