web-site problems

Suggestions, and any technical issues you are having with our forums
Olga
Admin

web-site problems

Post by Olga »

I just wanted to let everyone know that increasing stand by periods of this web-site when the service is unavailable are of the technical nature, it has something to do with the quality of the service of the web-hosting company we currently use. We are trying to solve the problem but in the mean time we ask our members to be patient and keep checking on the web-site if it is currently down. If we move to the other provider we let you know in advance as there might be a short period when it is unavailable - 1-2 days at most (we hope). Thank you all for the participation and I again ask everyone to post the relevant info reg. the treatments and procedures they had into the open threads so they will not stay empty if we really have an experience with it to share.
ellen

posting messaages

Post by ellen »

this is a test.....ellen
ellen

posting messages

Post by ellen »

this is a test.....ellen
[quote][/quote]
Eva Mitchell

Web site

Post by Eva Mitchell »

I just want to share that I have been unsuccessful getting into this forum on my Internet Explorer browser, and I just downloaded Firefox and was then able to access the forum. I kept thinking that it was my computer keeping me out, but, clearly, it was whatever rendition of IE I was using.

If anyone is having trouble accessing the forum, give Firefox (mozilla) a try.
Eva
Brittany Hess

Re: web-site problems

Post by Brittany Hess »

Hey all. I just wanted to say that I wrote a 12 paragraph update that took me about an hour and a half that was extremely detailed. So detailed in fact that I was going to use it in the book that I'm writing about my cancer battle. I had put so much emotions and facts in it and took about all I had to type it up (it's 1:15 AM) I pressed "submit" and right after I pressed it, I got this really bad gut feeling that I should've saved it in word or cut/pasted it...but I thought well, it's too late now and besides, I have a good computer with a great connection, nothing bad will happen. Boy was I wrong. It said, "time expired from website would you like to log in again" so, I put my log in info back in, thinking that it would take me back to either my update I had written, or the page that would say "you successfully posted an update". NOPE!!! It took me back to the update part, with a completely clean,blank slate...like I hadn't just spent almost 2 hours writing on the website! I'm used to any other website (aside from bank websites) that when something "times out" and you sign back in, it takes you back to where you were, not to a blank forum page thing. Ughhh!!! I now know from this moment on that maybe when I write extremely long updates, i should type it in word and save it first before trying to post it here. Either that, or maybe the webmaster can possibly look into this problem so if something times out on someone all there info isn't lost. *sigh* I'm exhausted now, and I don't think I have the energy to write this all again, so maybe I'll write a shorter version tomorrow. Who knows. Ughh...thanks for listening to me vent, if this could be fixed, please please fix it! :) Thank you!
Ivan
Admin

Post by Ivan »

Hi Brittany

Really sorry to hear about that. Can you please try to remember the EXACT words that you got in that error message? Was it "Your session has expired. Please log in again"? I will try to look into it ASAP.

Ivan
Brittany Hess

Post by Brittany Hess »

Hey there Ivan, thanks for the quick reply as always :) I can't remember the exact words as it was in the middle of the night and I was exhausted, frustrated, and really needed some shut-eye! I believe that it said "your session has timed out, please log in again" and when I did, it automatically brought me back to where I had written everything, but nothing was there...just a blank slate---all my words were gone. Ya know how on most websites if for whatever reason it times you out, when you sign back in, it take you back to where you were, nothing changed...not with this :( Anyway, I just posted my new update, and wrote it in word so I made sure I saved it first. It was not nearly as detailed this time, but whatever. Also, I've been having lots of trouble with staying logged in...it will just log me out when I've only been on a few minutes. Or even if I go to click into a new forum, it will log me out. It's been acting very strange. Also, I was having serious trouble even logging my mom out so I could log in. It took me 16 times of pressing "Log out Bonni Hess" for it to work. It kept saying that it could not successfully log her out. Anyway...weird stuff, just thought I'd let you know. Thanks again!

Return to “Forum Issues and Suggestions”