Immune therapy for ASPS, should be considered

Suggestions, and any technical issues you are having with our forums
D.ap

Immune therapy for ASPS, should be considered

Post by D.ap »

Kathy Coursen gave permission for me to post
I feel it to be a worthwhile topic to discuss , so that ASPS will be a player in immune therapy usage.

Kathy writes-

“I was doing some research and found this.... It is a must read. I will be once again putting together a ride to raise $. I was really floored to read that 90% of cancer patients are missing out on life these promising and successful treatments!”

Only 6 active immunotherapies have been approved for cancer, meaning that hundreds of other new and promising cancer immunotherapy treatments are only available to patients in clinical trials. Participating in clinical trials of these therapies may be the most promising option for cancer patients today, and will be critical to speeding the development and approval of new drugs for more patients in the future.
Only 3% to 6% percent of cancer patients who are eligible for clinical trials participate; this slows the clinical development process significantly, and means that more than 90% of cancer patients may be missing out on potentially lifesaving new treatments.
Many patients are not aware of clinical trials because their doctors do not inform them about these opportunities. We encourage patients to educate themselves about clinical trials, as well as to use our Cancer Immunotherapy Clinical Trial Finder to be matched with clinical trials for which they might be eligible, and to talk with their doctors about participating.”
Debbie
D.ap

Re: Immune therapy for ASPS, should be considered

Post by D.ap »

I cureasps.org, clinical trial section-

http://www.cureasps.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=49
Debbie

Return to “Forum Issues and Suggestions”