If you consider to join the following clinical trial: Sunitinib or Cediranib for Alveolar Soft Part Sarcoma ; study NCT01391962
Please note that patients can join only if:
· Patients show evidence of disease progression
· Patients must not have received prior treatment with any VEGF receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor (e.g., cediranib, sunitinib, pazopanib, sorafenib); however, pre-treatment with bevacizumab is allowed.
Please also note that
· Patients in this trial will be randomized to receive cediranib (30 mg) or sunitinib malate (37.5 mg) orally, once a day in 28-day cycles.
· If and when disease progression is seen, then patients will cross over to the other treatment arm after a 2-week wash-out period.
Deborah E Allen, R.N. (301) 402-5640 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shivaani Kummar, M.D. (301) 496-4916 email@example.com
Locations in the United States:
1. California Santa Monica Oncology Center
Santa Monica, California, United States, 90403
2. Maryland, National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892
Contact: For more information at the NIH Clinical Center contact National Cancer Institute Referral Office: (888) NCI-1937
3. Massachusetts, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02115
4. New York, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
New York, New York, United States, 10021
5. Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center
Houston, Texas, United States, 77030-4096
We hope that the study will be conclusive and finally the first effective therapy for ASPS will be validated and then be available for all ASPS patients.
Yosef Landesman, Ph.D.
President & Cancer Research Director
Cure Alveolar Soft Part Sarcoma International (iCureASPS)